Genuine Impact on Crowdcube

Good morning,

I am currently looking for some additional research above what freetrade and Hargreaves Lansdowne provide.

Simply Wall St appears very popular but Genuine Impact is running a promotion. I have four days left of the free trial, I am considering getting both as they are both discounted for me.

Is there any repetition between the two which means I am double paying? Or an alternative I have not considered yet?

Thank you in advance

Genuine Impact: factor analysis, stocks and funds
Simply Wall Street: snowflake analysis, more fundamental data, no funds
Atom: pure fundamental data, unbuild news alerts, US stocks only

Hargreaves, can’t comment, don’t use them

2 Likes

Good morning,

That is very informative, thank you.

I will subscribe to both and set a reminder to see how much value I am getting.

I appreciate the guidance.

Kind regards,

I find genuine impact awesome to help me filter through their 5,000 stocks and funds and create a short list for investing ideas. They do need to broaden their universe more though, does cut across a lot of the smaller companies.

I find GI also lacking the fundamental data to make real decisions around my shortlist. Atom is the best in that, but it’s sadly US stocks only.

I cancelled Simply Wall Street. It’s cute but too simplistic I find.

1 Like

Just about to buy the one year and saw your msg. Forgive the screenshot which looks a bit wierd probably it’s just my phone.

The detailed stuff is hidden once you finish your trial it seems

I’d agree. My biggest issue is that it would be nice to have some raw data in there. Not a lot, but some basic ones like share price chart perhaps. I used Atom for a few days and found it too much. Simply wall st is pretty good at presenting raw data and interpreting them

Similar to Simply Wall Street where you can see their snowflake, but not much else.

1 Like

I’ve asked them and they said they’re looking at adding some fundamental data, but in such a way that it doesn’t overwhelm people. Simplicity remains their philosophy, but they do appreciate many people will want to delve a bit deeper.

They’re currently prioritising their backlog and will communicate once they have decided what their priorities will be.

2 Likes

Same slowness happens to me sometimes as well. But perhaps it’s just the old iphone my firm gave us to use as corporate phone… alas who still has iphone 6 these days…

My personal iphone worked fine on the app

For comparison, when I load their standard “quality daily top 50” it takes 5s to load on an iPhone X. Think it’s trawling through tons of data, as when I pick an individual stock it takes 1-2 seconds.

1 Like

Register for free accounts at S&P Ratings (not CapitalIQ which is a paid service), Moody’s and Fitch Ratings. They may have a lot of analysis in the form of overall sector and specific company rating comments and actions plus a credit rating and and outlook for companies they cover (their paid research is slightly deeper but you don’t want to pay them). I can help you all navigate their clunky sites. Their UI can be a lot better but they look at lagging and some forward looking factors that are vital in 2020 such as the ability to stay solvent. Plus, if you want a TL;DR look at the rating, check if it’s old, realise they may be wrong, read the first two paragraphs of their latest comments.

Genuine Impact’s ranking system where some company is number 1034 or 56 is too subjective.

Simply Wall St and Atom Finance are way more useful.

1 Like

It does depend on the target audience really. I agree with your statement and I really like Atom+, but others will prefer a more distilled view as they simply don’t have the understanding to analyse fundamentals and are like a deer caught in the headlights.

1 Like

Yeah performance on various phone versions definitely is something to get better at

I’m on Android :frowning:

1 Like

Why do you think it is subjective?

They literally ranked stuff from top to bottom so it’s all based on data, isn’t it?

Comparing to what I read on CNBC or an article on Seekingalpha, what they do is rather objectively, in a sense they just did bunch of calculations rather than saying to buy or sell something

What I would say is don’t make any decision just looking at their rankings. And I personally would never decide to buy or sell just because one ranks higher than the other.

I consider it a place to start knowing about a stock or an ETF, not an end.

1 Like

This.

Services like Genuine Impact or SimplyWallStreet can be used as a filter tool. They can be used as a tool to find companies to put on a shopping list. Once they are there, due diligence says to dig deeper before deciding to buy, hold or sell

2 Likes

Absolutely. This is also why I use a few of them rather than just one. And I am new to the whole picking stocks game anyway so don’t really know much to say something very definitively.

The more I learn, the more I found out that I have so much that I don’t know. Recently knew a site called Marketwatch and it’s a gold mine to someone like me

2 Likes

I’d love to be a baseball player but I need to know the rules first. It’s hard work. Those services I mentioned do a lot of the hard work. You can’t learn to drive a car by reading cliff notes.

Here’s an example:

Their promo is very good value for money - ÂŁ10 per year for life. App needs some improvement but given its potential feels like super good value for money!

1 Like