Genuine Impact on Crowdcube

Got the email this morning as well - Ā£10/year for life, whatā€™s not to like? Even more so as theyā€™re already working on the next release, what you currently see is basically their first proper release, which bodes hope for the future.

Iā€™m sucker for discounts.

For the next 3 months, the prices will be:

• Ā£10 per year for annual subscriptions instead of Ā£200.
  • Ā£2 per month for monthly subscriptions instead of Ā£20.

And if you subscribe now then youā€™ll keep this price for life , unless you cancel. So you see, not just a random or common discount you see these days.

Itā€™s easy to subscribe, update your app to the latest version 2.2.65, and then just head to the subscription section in your profile

Does this not seem unsustainable?

Similar concept as Freetrade offering lifetime alpha for free to big crowdfunding early adopters. Think at this point GI just need users and some revenue to gain some traction while their app is still in its MVP phase. Donā€™t think they expect a meaningful amount of their addressable market to take up this offer, especially when many donā€™t even know about them yet. They probs see this as a way to get them into the conversation and to spread word of mouth (key for organic growth).

7 Likes

It would be if the offer would last forever, but the offer is only valid for people who take it in the next three months. I think itā€™s a clever approach, gets them a host of users who likely will continue to use it as the deal is so good, and in doing so those people may become advocates for them, and help them develop the app further.

3 Likes

Yep grabbed it. The pricing is kind of a no brainer. Like some of the stuff they do. Very much like the Guide which comes very handy in explaining some good basics on factor investing. Also a fan of the various collections. Managed to find some good insights they publish as well. Overall a good experience so far. Would be greater if they do something around portfolios one day. So far itā€™s very much single security.

1 Like

Thanks again for the introduction!

Iā€™ve signed up and itā€™s been useful so far. The guide helped me understand a lot of what was going on. I did find with Simply Wall St there was a lot to take in and learn. I feel a bit more confident in both apps now.

-removed the referral-

Iā€™m still deciding what I need to change in my portfolio. I donā€™t want to lock in my losses but at the same time I donā€™t want to miss out on some gains! :pensive:

No referral is allowed on any companies as far as I know. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ve quickly removed that!

2 Likes

I donā€™t really know whatā€™s the exact rule around referrals. Is the forum not allowing the postings of the actual referral links, or not even the ability to mention that it exists and we have to google it ourselves? I guess itā€™s the former but not the latter, but again Iā€™m not sure

We have a rule against any referrals, so itā€™s best to not mention.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up!

Back on topic, I missed out on the fund raise last time. Has there been any mention of another round? Iā€™m not seeing a lot of companies crowdfunding that Iā€™m interested in right now, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s harder right now.

Iā€™m not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I just donā€™t get Genuine Impact.

I really want to like it but I just donā€™t find it particularly user-friendly to use, a lot of the information seems counter-intuitive and there doesnā€™t appear to be any guide on their site around how to use it.

I guess Iā€™m missing something - I just donā€™t understand the information it provides me.

2 Likes

After trying to use the app for the past week Iā€™ve come to the same conclusion - I donā€™t really get it.

GI rank companies based on ā€˜quality, value and momentumā€™ however itā€™s hard to see how they come up with the order of these rankings as itā€™s all subjective. Ranking companies doesnā€™t actually give you any useful information in my opinion.

Iā€™d be interested to see what calculations they use to determine the rankings.

3 Likes

Yeah to be honest that was my initial feeling as well. A bit confused and overwhelmed.

However, to me personally, this is obviously, after reading their guide and various ā€œiā€ wherever you see a ranking in the app, it gets a lot more clearer and easier to understand their various terminologies and methodologies. Something like this below explain pretty much every question I have on quality.

It is quite useful to answer your question such as how they come up with the order of those rankings and tell you what are the calculations.

I actually think itā€™s all objective because they base all the rankings on data. Itā€™s like saying ā€œI bought Amazon share because I love shopping on itā€. That is a subjective decision. What they do is ā€œAmazonā€™s return on equity is 15% and that ranks 50th in US stocksā€. Isnā€™t that an objective calculation?

A real example is that I have been following MasterCard for a long time. Great business but after checking it on Genuine Impact, I know that its quality is very high which is why I like it, but its valuation is very expensive and momentum is a bit low. It gives me that fact check, which I find quite useful, and thatā€™s an objective fact check.

What I would say is they lack some basic raw data. That will definitely make things a lot more user friendly.

6 Likes

I would like some of the raw data too. Not sure how much it would help me but Iā€™d like to really nail down my understanding. Learning how they do it might help.

Sounds like the guide is fairly new then? It really helped me out, itā€™s not the easiest thing to get thrown into.

1 Like

Genuine Impact have launched a no-code experimental web platform

5 Likes

Looks really cool, though little surprised they only put a few days into it

1 Like

Great news as I do a lot of my analysis on my PC. Itā€™s only US stuff right now but Iā€™m impressed they did it so quickly.

Iā€™m a fan of notion so itā€™s a double win for me :laughing:

1 Like

Just got an email about their Product Hunt launch

I hope they do another crowdfunding round :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes