HydrogenOne Capital Fund - HGEN - Share Chat

Seem to be under NDAs at the moment.

SimplyWallStreet refers to the fund as being 'highly illiquid '. Early days and one to hold.
Thoughts?

5 Likes

Posted this in AFC yesterday, but forgot about here;

2 Likes

I think this is definitely one to watch.
UK Government has just greenlit a project to blend the natural gas supply with Hydrogen. The project is stater to start this August, running for 10 months. It will supply a blend of 80% natural gas to 20% hydrogen to around 700 homes, several small buisnesā€™s and a school.
Itā€™s the second study on a larger scale, to see if hydrogen blends can be a stepping stone in reducing carbon emissions

ā€”Editā€”
Here is the link for info on the study

3 Likes

Welcome to the Freetrade Community @Adop_88 and thanks for the info. Yes, definitely one to watch. I will keep topping up on Hydrogen One.
Jeremy Clarkson has said that hydrogen fuelled cars will become more popular than EVs, so it must be true.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe that hydrogen has a future for cars or home heating but I think it will do well for energy storage and heavy industry like steel, glass making, etc

I still want to know what the holdings are in this fund though! Whyā€™s it still a secret??

I was joking. I donā€™t believe anything Clarkson says!
Yes, it would be good to know the holdings. There is some reference to sectors on the fund website but thatā€™s it.

1 Like

I found the prospectus. 199 pages of it, if you are interested.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.jarvisim.co.uk/assets/ipo/HydrogenOne%2520Capital%2520Growth%2520plc%2520-%2520Prospectus.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj0nLPHlMDyAhWBoVwKHbIWBbs4ChAWegQIHxAB&usg=AOvVaw0RvUIFI8zJT10l7tah1u2q

1 Like

Page 70 seems to have the plan but no company namesā€¦

, at least 70 per cent. of the Companyā€™s assets will be invested in Private Hydrogen Assets with the balance invested in Listed Hydrogen Assets. Over the medium to longer term, it is expected that the weighting to Listed Hydrogen Assets will reduce further as the allocation to Private Hydrogen Assets grows, with Listed Hydrogen Assets primarily focussed on strategic equity holdings derived from the listing of operational companies within the Private Hydrogen Assets portfolio over time.

6 Likes

Whatā€™s that mean in English?

Basically they will invest in hydrogen. :joy:

Iā€™ve got 100 shares as love the idea of this taking a more controlling position over EP.

Heavy goods and commercial transport is not going to function well if they have to charge continuously so hoping these are pushed further towards hydrogen tech.

2 Likes

70% of the investments will be in private companies so not the names that weā€™re used to like Ceres, ITM, AFC. It could be companies that are smaller, newer, less established, riskier, more innovativeā€¦ who knows. I donā€™t know of any private hydrogen related companies - Iā€™ve never looked for any.

Do I want to pay the fees to have these guys do that for me? Iā€™m not so sure. I was really looking for something that was going to help me spread my risk across publicly traded hydrogen related companies so Iā€™m not sure that this is the one for me BUT my views might change if I could see what they were investing in and research those companies myself.

1 Like

I had thought the fund would be inclined to move from investing in private companies to public companies (as the hydrogen sector builds and makes profits), not the other way around as stated.
Some large innovative private companies donā€™t want public investors (SpaceX).

= this will be a ā€œDouble Baggerā€ Thanks for the tip CC :+1:

4 Likes

I feel targeted and the worst part is that itā€™s wholly justified.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Is this one of the investment companies/projects in HGEN?

Had a look the other week, it still doesnā€™t look like there is any list of companies or projects this fund is invested in.

1 Like

The lack of details is a little frustrating. I would love to be able to see what they are doing but have also been unable to find anything.

3 Likes