IPO Tracker including SPACs - Go Live

In light of the increase in SPACs and the interest shown by this amazing community is there anyway we can improve the implementation process? It is very disheartening each day to see the potential missed gains and opportunities.

Some of the frustration experienced may also be due to lack of expectation being set, an occasional update from Comms stating ‘It’s on the list’ or ‘we’re on it’ is great, but if considerable time then passes after multiple follow-ups, it leads to disappointment.

The IPO Tracker at the moment seems to be just a list and there are many SPACs which have been recently raised that are not reflected. The Tracker could perhaps be updated to become a Dashboard, so that each IPO/SPAC has a status. For example, the options could be:

Awaiting Prioritisation
In Progress
Estimated Go Live Date
Live

This would help to set expectations, reduce the frustration of the unknown and reduce the volume of traffic on this board (and therefore how much the FT team are expected to respond to).

Each time the dashboard is updated there is a notification.

There are reasons for what feels a fractured process at the moment and this is not the purpose of the message, other than we should all recognise the volume of SPACs being raised.

I am not stating this is the ultimate solution, it may simply be the need for additional resource but at this precise moment communication is paramount. Something needs to change quickly that is in line with the opportunities being presented in front of us, otherwise I suspect greater numbers are going to follow those who have sought competitor platforms

I very much hope this makes sense and would value the thoughts of others in this valued community.

Happy Thanksgiving, US market closed this afternoon.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: MEGATHREAD: SPACs :handshake: