iShares Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (SPOG)

An ETF that focused on natural resources of Oil and Gas would fill a huge gap in the Freetrade Universe! iShares are typically the cheapest and the iShares Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (SPOG) - or one like it - would be very welcome.

The competition (Trading212) are offering Oil and Gas ETFs so please Freetrade, sort it out for us! :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.etf.com/XOP

Welcome to the community, Ashley!

This is a US-traded ETF, so it doesn’t have a KID, and due to the PRIIPs (Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance-Based Products) regulation, we can’t provide it.

Maybe there is something UK-traded that covers this sector?

Hi Victor, thanks for explaining.

Struggling to locate an equivalent in UK . Most etfs accessible in UK via platforms like FreeTrade and Trading 212 will have green energy etfs which is of course adverse to Oil & Gas. There does seem to be barriers due to MIFID rules etc. Good old regulation ey :slight_smile:

You can find it from different provider e.g.:

iShares Oil & Gas Exploration & Production UCITS ETF - SPOG

I use the Morningstar ETF screener to find UCITS ETFs:

This is a link for all of them. Maybe you find something you like :wink:

Thanks for sharing the links. Will check in on morningstar more frequently. I sourced XOP and XLE etfs via etf.com in case interested.

SPOG at Ask share price c.£680 weighed against c.€40 for XOP and far superior div yield, think give spog a miss until my budget suits.

In the end managed to locate XOP & XLE on SAXO and Plus500 apps. So specifically for that trade will do so there. Still loving FreeTrade and community, very unique add on massively attractive as well as the stocks & shares ISA as a tax wrapper. will find plenty of activity and I am quietly confident FT will become primary platform in due course.

Many thanks! :wink:

Ashley

I am happy you have found what you was looking for!

Btw, the price of SPOG is 680 GBX which is pence. So that would be only £6.80.

Good luck with your trading!

in which case is this a stock etf that could be added to the FT universe expanse?

We have a voting going on for SPOG. I’ll merge this thread into that one.

We are focused on delivering the first 250 batch of new US stocks, and we will review our universe for comprehensiveness after (UK stocks, ETFs, etc).

I’m aware this has been requested before but the FT team hasn’t done anything about it.

The Fund seeks to track the performance of an index composed of global companies involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas.

Hi, the costs document lists a negative cost (and hence a positive payment) - “Investment Product transaction costs -0.2248%” - that is then used to provide a sample calculation of possible results over 5 years.

Is this a mistake? I relied upon the calculation when I purchased this stock, so if it is indeed a mistake, I am really unhappy about it.