Let users specify number of shares while buying

Realised this was suggested in almost every post in the first thoughts thread so thought it warranted its own topic.

I would really like to be able to select the number of shares I want to buy, rather than specifying the amount of money to spend on my order. It’s counterintuitive and the current amount doesn’t remind you of stamp duty so you fiddle about with the amount until it’s deemed valid to go through, and it’s a bit of a faff when trying to buy numerous shares. I also kept forgetting to select basic trade and kept jabbing at the button like why! won’t! it! go! through! before realising why my calculations were off.

I also really like the idea @Peter suggested- having the app calculate/ suggest the maximum amount of shares allowed, maybe in a drop down list/ MAX button based on the amount you have available in your balance.

Will this functionality be coming soon? :pray:t3::heartbeat: it would make our lives so much easier :blush:

16 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Buy an amount of shares rather than a £ amount