Lloyds Banking Group - LLOY - Share Chat

2 Likes

Brought a few shares last week this looks encouraging

2 Likes

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/lloyds-share-price-hit-60p-150308752.html

1 Like

I invested in this one 3 times Aug 20, Sep 20 and Feb 21 - buying on the up. I think Lloyds still has a lot of potential growth especially as we are starting to see an improving economic/consumer outlook. This should drive more activity such as loans, banking services, mortgages etc. DOYR…

1 Like

That sounds like wishful thinking. Lloyds hasn’t grown or innovated in decades. It’s an incredibly saturated market. They will rebounce to their pre-pandemic levels,but they’re still a legacy dinosaur.

2 Likes

I agree it will rise to pre-pandemic levels, that would put me above a 55% gain in my investment, I’d then look to take some profits and then see what if any innovations they deliver, what happens to the economy longer term etc…

2 Likes

Seems to be recovering nicely this month

1 Like

Yes I’m pleased with growth, long may it continue

Signs it may dip back down hoping it continues and breaks the 60p mark.

3 Likes

Looking at the live price so far today there is a push downward slightly, just stopping the breakthrough to 50p+ zone, low volume trades overall… I’m still thinking we have some more leg room here to go above the 50p today and then hopefully a push further towards the dizzy 60p mark later in the year

A brief moment into 50+

Anyone received LLOY dividends? I thought payment date was 25th May.

Yes, this has been paid out.

1 Like

Thanks. I see it went ex-dividend on 15th April and I sold up on 16 April, so I thought I’d still qualify. Am I wrong or should I enquire with support?

If you sold after the ex dividend date you should still get the dividend. I would ask support if you haven’t got it

1 Like

yes got mine the other day, very nice :grinning:

1 Like

Lloyds hit 50p. :exploding_head:

4 Likes
1 Like

And now for some reason it’s plunging. Any ideas?

No doubt in part due to the likelihood of restrictions easing being delayed past 21st June, if there’s trouble coming with the NI protocol as well I’d imagine that having some impact too