Looking for a new share

Hi All!

Over the last 12 months I have been reading and researching BP, I’ve steadily and regularly invested and I’ve happy that my current holding is in profit and I’ll be receiving a regular dividend from this.

BP’s strategy to hit green targets and explore alternative energy is something that I believe will ensure this business continues to recover from the pandemic and the transition into a cleaner future, I’m also confident that it’s oil sector will continue to deliver good profits and is still going to be a major part of its core business.

I also own a good number of ETF’s and other products so I’m not solely invested in one company, but now I want to find another company that I can research and invest in over the next 12 - 18 months and I was wondering what companies other people are investing in and why?

I look forward to reading your responses!

1 Like

I haven’t yet, but am planning on investing in US sport gambling stocks. For example Draftkings.
The US are slowly legalising online sports gambling and there could be huge market opportunities. I know sports gambling firms have done huge numbers in the UK. So knowing America, the numbers will be bigger and better

I think there’s even an etf for this but dont think FT have it. Its called BETZ

1 Like

I am into 3 genome editing shares. You may check $CRSP, $EDIT and $NTLA. A joint Noble prize winner is involved with the works at $CRSP. CRSP heavily involved with $VRTX of market capital $56.7 billion, and get payment of $1.1 billion. CRSP’s market capital is just under $10 billion. VRTX hinted to look for a takeover target. CRSP maybe the first choice.
If you like something safer then copper mining is a simple choice as electrical vehicles will need lots of copper. Take an establish company likes the boring BHP or ANTO on a pull back. They are at the year high. The better bets are $FCX and $SSCO. $FCX can expand their mines without looking for costly new mines. SCCO has the largest copper reserve. I am in SSCO. There is more upside as the price is away from the year’s high. Good luck on whatever you decided and interest to know your eventual decision.

2 Likes

Thanks to the share referral scheme, I’ve got 29 free shares of various random companies. Since I got them in February, they are up as a total of nearly 7% giving me an estimated yearly APR of nearly 30%.

This is almost double the profit of the Stocks and ETF’s I have bought after doing lots of DD on them.

Which just tells me, you can spend hours upon hours researching a company, but in the end, it’s Lady Luck who will decided if you actually make a profit.

4 Likes