Lyxor Smart Overnight Return GBP UCITS ETF (Acc.) - CSH2 - Share chat

Have you looked at products like

$ERNA - it’s steady and earned 1% over 3m and 2% over 6m in USD. Not annualised interest. This reinvests interest

£ERNS this is in short term investment grade bonds in GBP and here dividends are distributed

Yes, these are the best alternatives - but they have higher volatility and less predictable returns than CSH2

Available on Fee Free platform Invest Engine

https://investengine.com/etf-range/2193/?fromUniverse=true&search=csh2

1 Like

Also on T212
https://www.trading212.com/trading-instruments/isa/CSH2.GB

1 Like

+1 for CSH2 to be added please freetrade.

Is Vanguards Sterling Short-Term Money Market Fund possible to add to freetrade? I’m also looking to put cash into something that tracks SONIA

1 Like

It’s a good idea,I’m considering transferring my cash to BestInvest.

Another vote for CSH2 please Freetrade.

sad-eyes-begging

3 Likes

Any chance we could get CSH2 added? @acamp :eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

Just was talking with the team yesterday about this and the c. 9 other LSE-listed money market funds. Watch this space :wink:

11 Likes

That’s really good news Alex!

1 Like

On my list for research

1 Like

At the moment I’m really thinking about smashing lots in bank of scotlands bonds fixed rate.

2k min opening then you have 10 days to add as much as you can for a 5.5% return in a year or you can fix for 2 years for the same rate.

Its my rainy day fund in thinking about as it beats the vantage interest rates by a lot

What is the rates for this fund? And is it guaranteed as well?

Money market funds aren’t really a substitute for high street fixed rate products. The main issue is with SIPPs where you’re holding cash and want it to be making a reliable return while you’re waiting to invest it.

Ahh I don’t have a sipp with providers. So is this fund kind of useless to me?

I thin the BOS deal is good I was almost going to wait a little longer as I jumped the gun on th eariler saver last year and only got 2.5% when it’s up to 5.5% now as with the bonds and fixed isas.

People think the fed still wil raise rates more and Tbh that’s OK because my stiff isn’t complete until October time when I would be fully ready to branch out.

That’s the time I also plan to park cash in FT and go to plus and try to sell anything green I have and rebuy it in an isa.

The principle can be applied to cash in an ISA too.

2 Likes

This is now live in the app. Getting a few more up there too. We’ll post about them in the coming days!

5 Likes

As a cash proxy

Delivered +0.71% versus -.08% for ERNS

As I understand from HL’s analysis, ERNS is a very low-risk security consisting of cash and bonds (which represent 99.6%).

CSH2 is an unfunded swap ETF, which is significantly riskier than cash & bonds. More information on unfunded swaps here.

Therefore, it would be nice to have both CSH2 and ERNS as opposed to replacing one with another :slight_smile:

I think this is becoming a relevant question again. I love Freetrade for its low fees - but as interest rates rise, the fact that they don’t pay interest on cash balances (above the £4k plus deal) means the Freetrade SIPP is looking less attractive by the day for those of us with a fair bit of cash on hand.

Access to a money market fund which will provide a small amount of interest while protecting capital would be a decent substitute - but I don’t think Freetrade currently has any such instruments available.

ERNS has certainly not been able to fill this gap over recent months as even short-dates treasuries have underperformed, so anyone holding ERNS would have seen their capital erode.

CSH2, on the other hands, has maintained its long-term stability, delivering a return reflective of broader interest rates.

Without an instrument like CSH2, I can’t see myself sticking with Freetrade in a world of rising interest rates!

2 Likes