Margin accounts: marginal benefits

The trouble with questionnaires is people just guess or learn what answers are expected. I think this just shouldnā€™t be offered to retail traders. There should be a capital requirement and limits on leverage at the very least because itā€™s so risky. Itā€™s almost the antithesis of investing for the long term.

2 Likes

Agree!

An ex-CFO of a UK CFD/Spread Betting business said itā€™s a really dark business to work in as lots of people lose all their money and then you have to involve debt collectors :grimacing:. They have really big advertising budgets as they make a lot of money per client and constantly need to replace the clients they lose.

I was thinking about applying to work in one until I found out more about it!

2 Likes

I meant a slightly more complicated questionnaire, but yes if you are driven, then nothing will stop you.

The FCA, and the ESMA have introduced some limits.

Someoneā€™s wife on reddit cross-stitched this, after a simliar situation

5 Likes

@Jonny Thatā€™s magic (and sounds like exactly the trade I was posting about. -58k).

Cross-stitching bad trades is a business idea for someone. Iā€™d buy a few to remind myself that I know nothing.

btw @Freetrade_Team the link in your post is broken for me - should be Freetrade Invest Hub ?

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ve fixed that now :slight_smile:

1 Like