Advice for long-term investing portfolio

Hi everyone,

Over the last few months I’ve been playing around with the Freetrade ISA as well as doing some reading about investing on the side.

I had started as a complete beginner, but now I feel ready to start with some regular passive investing for the long term (25-30 years). I would like to come up with some portfolio I could stick with for the foreseeable future (I’m in my late twenties) to invest part of my savings every month.

I’m finding it a bit a hard to move from the ‘theory’ to a real portfolio, especially within the limitations of the ETFs available on Freetrade, and decided to ask this community for advice on my choices so far.
Based on the reading I’ve done and looking at other people’s portfolio I came up with something like this:

42% USA + Europe
7% Japan
7% Pacific Ex-Japan
19% Emerging markets
10% Small cap
15% Bonds

Based on what’s available on Freetrade and trying to optimise using ETFs with the lowest fees, this could translate roughly to (if my calculations are correct):

54%VWRL (FTSE All World)
14% EMIM (MSCI EM)
4.5% CPJ1 (Pacific Ex-Japan)
2.5% VJPN (FTSE Japan)
8% ISP6 (Small Cap 600)
2% ISJP (Japan Small Cap)
6% CU31 (US Gvt Bnd 1-3yr)
4% IBTM (US Gvt Bnd 7-10yr)
5% SEMB (J.P.M. EM $ Govt Bond)

How does this look for a start? Anything that definitely needs to be changed? Should I include things like the property ETFs or gold at all?
Hope nothing looks too silly, thanks in advance!

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Optimal Portfolio Allocations