Tactics

Hello Everyone.

What is everyoneā€™s tactics when it comes to investing. I currently trade alot on Betfair and primarily scalp alot. I have joined freetrade after seeing it on the Colin furze video last week.

I have started scalping on here and have managed to double my money in just over a week. I did only put 5 quid in so I am at tenner now. I wanted to see how it reacted in the app as I use software on Betfair.

Should I carry on scalping but also aim for some longer term investments?

Go well

Dan

1 Like

Hi @danyoung1985 welcome to the forum.

I donā€™t suppose you could share youā€™re user number and date of sign up could you? Quite a few of the FT user invested in the company via crowdfunding and like to track user sign up growth.

There are a fair few of you Colin Furze gang here now, youā€™ll be paying for the tunnel on your own at this rate!

The mantra for Freetrade is about long term wealth building. To quote the podcaster Prof G ā€œI know how to make you very wealthy, the problem is it takes timeā€

Once youā€™ve got someone your happy to tie up for the longer term then read up here Learn about investing with Freetradeā€™s guides

That not to say that scalping / taking a bet on a company is a bad thing but itā€™s closer to gambling and the risk of loosing it all.

1 Like

To be honest for scalping youā€™d be better with a platform that has live prices and shows both bid and ask prices. The 15 minute delay and the spread could be a problem if you are trying to skim a few %

Having said that I donā€™t recommend scalping unless you are highly disciplined an have good risk management. Itā€™s easy to get frustrated and make bad decisions if it starts going against you. Iā€™ve done far better buying and holding profitable companies that I ever did trying to make short term bets.

3 Likes