Megathread - 🔥 Dividend Fest 🔥

We’re generally a chatty bunch! Good luck to you too

My plan is to reinvest all dividends for the first year. Then review where it stands, and take it year by year. Eventually I’d like to see my ISA paying for itself, and covering the monthly investment/subscription, all from the dividends.
So far the predicted dividends should more than cover the ISA fees this coming financial year, so that’s step 1 accomplished!

7 Likes

And today I got my first dividend payment that was over £1 in one go! It’s all been pennies til now. It’s growing, and I love it!

10 Likes

Long may it continue

2 Likes

Iv now had my first month of two lots of double figures dividends in one month :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! Well done. Can I ask which stocks and how long it took to get there?

1 Like

From that first payment of 0.33p, in Oct last year, I am now getting an average of £10 a month.
Just focused on getting more for my money than my bank cash ISA that has 0.1% interest. My portfolio is currently running at 5.6% paid as dividends.

7 Likes

Same with me, started investing in February and already got about £45 in April, probably about £85 by the end of May and will get around £70 for June and break triple figures in July.

My holdings for dividend stock are primarily Persimmon (11% dividend yield); Admiral (around 10% with a special dividend); British American Tobacco (around 7%). GSK have cut their dividend so I’m probably looking to offload some of those shares once their demerger happens and once it’s clear whether and how many free shares in the additional company are distributed.

3 Likes

Aviva and Taylor wimpy this month :-). It will of been a year in June

1 Like

I suppose something like an API (that I can use in Google sheets) would be ideal but, failing that, is there some kind of service I can upload my holdings into and track when key dividend dates are coming up?

Thanks very much in advance!

4 Likes

Sign up for free to get Notifications - enter your investments and you will get an email when dividends are announced and info on when they will be paid.

So you’ll get something like this:

6 Likes

App callee dividend tracker

The Finki API
Use it with google sheets … demo here…

:wave:

And when people ask I put together a monthly list

Eg
https://finki.io/Dividends/November2019.html

1 Like

Hey @finki - thanks for the reply.

Tbh, I’m using your API pretty much exclusively in my Sheets at the moment, but figured it had been trimmed down, given that I couldn’t see any details around Dividends on the website.

Is that info still available?

Yep, all still available. I just messed up that page detailing the available functions - apologies.

You’ll want ukDividendExDate, ukDividendPayDate functions etc …

I’ve been really focussed on other aspects of Finki so haven’t built out this api … anything you need adding to the Api calls just let me know

:grinning:

Looking at the function names - is the Dividend info purely for Direct UK stocks (as opposed to US businesses or funds)?

Yep - for dull reasons I had to split UK and US calls.

ukDividend(xx) is for UK/LSE listed
usDividend (xx) for US

There is no EURO or HONGKONG call right now… but there will be

I’ve updated the FinkiAPI table to reflect “some” of whats available

1 Like

Legend. Thank you very much!

They don’t have the latest data. I just tried IE00B44T3H88 and it still shows the previous dividend rather than this month’s

Quite right. Apologies.
ETF dividends causing me endless headaches but I think I’ve cracked it - it at least on the right path. Database record of ‘old’ dividend not being purged even though ‘new’ dividend records exist! Phew! Hot fix going in now. Might be intermittent errors as I play with it but it seems stable.
Again, apologies
Keep the bug reports coming
:blush: