MEGATHREAD: European expansion 🇪🇺

That would need a sudden huge increase in COps. Moving into multiple territories in a short space of time isn’t exactly problem free as Revolut have shown

1 Like

Sorry what does COps stand for?

Customer operations ie in app chat people

1 Like

Quite probably related to what else is on offer there, or isn’t, if you see what I mean.

I could imagine Switzerland being at the top of this list. Transaction fees are insanely high and there is currently no user-friendly way to invest in stocks.

4 Likes

Oh right, thanks. Yes it would. I wonder if Freetrade would be opening satellite offices for that? Of course, in London you can get pretty much every language speaker.

I was under the impression that the app and support was going to continue to be in English. Although I have seen some job ads where a second language was mentioned so maybe I’m wrong about that

One of the coolest things about our European expansion is how language isn’t a barrier. Europe is a special place and London is at its heart, in my view.

@Viktor and @Gemhappe have got our community members helping to make sure all translations are spot on. Thanks! :pray:

By memory, for our first four announced countries, our team’s got:
German: Viktor and Roberto
French: Alexia, Mathias, Cecile
Dutch: Selina, Mathias
Irish: We’re all Irish

Spain, Italy, etc, we got you covered too. :heart: :eu:

17 Likes

Looking forward to the first blogs in gaeilge then :grin:

Me too! Want to do a guest post anyone?

3 Likes

My Irish is limited to slainte, conas atá tú and other random phrases so I’m out on that one :grin:

3 Likes

As Gaeilge, I think you meant. (Pronounced “oss gwayl-ga”.) More advanced than Emma, but not up to blogging standard.

3 Likes

What about Luxembourg/Belgium? Seems like a good logical move since both are quite economically attractive and share the same language, as in the announced countries: French, Dutch and German

6 Likes

I am fluent Nepali…a pretty niche language granted, but you never know! :nepal:

2 Likes

Are they replacing the UK in the EU after brexit?

There are a lot of them where I live :wink: Their home from home! Always shooting down good ideas @Rat_au_van!

I’m not sure they would take the spot if we offered it!

1 Like

Can help you out with Greek if needed :innocent:

3 Likes

Thanks! We’re definitely looking to involve our community members to make our products as local as possible. :eu:

6 Likes

Echo this question, Apologies if I missed the response. Has a subsidiary office been established yet? Thanks

3 Likes

Sooo, I guess my :ru: is not a short-term necessity, but I am still here if it will be :wink:

2 Likes