We’re introducing UK Treasury bills that currently offer over 5%* annualised yield!
UK 1 month** Treasury bills are low-risk, government-backed securities.
Individual investors have never had direct access to UK Treasury bills.
To invest in UK Treasury bills on Freetrade:
- Make sure you’re on the latest version of your app
- Keep an eye out. We’re rolling this out over the next week or so
- Once you have access, select Treasury from the account drop-down in the top left-hand corner of your Portfolio tab
UK 1 month** Treasury bills offer:
- Competitive yield: You could earn over 5%* annualised yield. The yield is not known until your order is executed.
- Low risk: The UK government issues and backs UK Treasury bills, making them one of the safest investments around.
- Fixed term: Your investment is locked in for a period of 1 month** before maturity.
Make sure you’re on the latest version of the Freetrade app.
Learn more on our educational resource page.
The lowest annualised yield as of 8th of December tender was 5.15% and the average annualised yield was 5.23%. 1 month* investment. Read the DMO weekly report for more information.
**Each UK Treasury bill is a fixed investment for around a month, typically 28 days. However, your money will be tied up for a little longer. It will cease to be available for you to withdraw from the cut-off date, usually a Thursday, on the day before we purchase the UK Treasury bill, usually a Friday. On maturity, your money will become available once we receive the maturity value one business day later. Usually the maturity date is on a Friday and you receive the money on the following Monday, so your money may be tied up for 31 days or more.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest.
Freetrade does not give investment advice and you are responsible for making your own investment decisions. If you are unsure about what is right for you, you should seek independent advice.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.