Morrison Supermarkets šŸ„–šŸ›’ - MRW

Crosshair22ā€™s right. Only you can know the answer to that.

Some caution is needed with much fevered speculation at the moment. Thereā€™s hype ā€“ and hope ā€“ about a possible 300p offer from Amazon but I personally canā€™t see how this would suit Amazon. It currently has all the benefits and none of the headache of operating a major food retailer. Andy Jassy replacing Jeff Bezos may also signal some change in direction.

My thoughts are when the takeover is completed the share price will fall. So I was thinking sell just before or just after.

@Karlos I might be wrong here, but I think our shares would be sold to the new owner at the agreed deal price?

Thanks. I was thinking that might be the case but couldnā€™t find any info of what would happen. Does this mean I will loose the shares automatically and have the cash?

Too late to buy in more? I only bought a few shares before the offres started

1 Like

Thatā€™s your call.

I havenā€™t added any shares of Morrisons since April 30th 2021ā€¦ make a plan and stick with it would be my advice.

Your decision to buy more shares should really be seen as your belief that further offers will be made and accepted by the board.

Buy more If you think CD&R will come with a revised offer or Amazon will make a bid.

This stock now has a floor established by the fortress offer. Youā€™ll be looking at a much smaller gain (%) that youā€™re sitting on but could make more actual money (Ā£).

2 Likes

Yes this is a private equity buy out, Morrisons would be delisted form the stock exchange and shareholders paid what ever the agreed price was for the shares that they own

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. So I donā€™t have to panick about selling then, just wait for the payout once the deal is done.

If the deal falls through youā€™ll waste all the gains now though. I always sell once the price has reached the offer price in an acquisition or merger case.

2 Likes

Will see what the final final offer is then wait for share price to match it. Then sell out and put more on Aviva or BT I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking to get out and put into BT as well as it happens

FTSE 100 set to fall as Morrisons-inspired row over private equity takeovers gathers pace from the Evening Standard

I do wonder what the CMA will have to say about another supermarket being taken private.

2 Likes

Minimum wage, more cctvā€™d self checkouts, trickery of prices, not great deals for uk farmers, stagnant career progressionā€¦

Are US private equity boomers really going to bring career progression growth, better deals for farmers & quality of food, skilled wage increasesā€¦

Morrisonā€™s has been my go-to the past year. Though Iā€™ll probably switch back to Lidl (& the occasional Whole Foods).

3 Likes

Itā€™s messed up beyond belief that theyā€™ll get paid this much for selling out the company, its staff, suppliers and customers for a quick buck. Surely all the staff throughout the organisation deserve an equal cut?

Seize the means of production and all thatā€¦

4 Likes

A bit odd they pick on Andy Higginson by putting a pic when he gets 6 months pay but not the top 3 who get the real eye watering numbers :joy:

1 Like

Cashed out Wednesday. I can see things getting pretty ugly before any possible sale.

Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

Would we not get the price per share that is being offered tho?

Ugly? Why?