NIO - NIO - Share Chat

Well it’s not today! It’s 12.9% at the moment. Everything I have in my Yahoo Finance watchlist on my phone is down today too.

Can’t everyone get back to being happy about the US election and vaccine news please!

3 Likes

It’s been a miserable day for NIO, including many tech company(Tesla/AMD/Wimi), but it will turn around.

Bounced back nicely now… still down but only back to Fridays levels :joy:

1 Like

Doesn’t anyone care about this ferocious rising stock?

Absolutely amazed how well its done. I was hoping for $35-40 by the end of the year but its $50 already. Expect a pullback which will be a buying opportunity.

2 Likes

Tuesday is their earnings announcement… I’d put my money on it moving significantly one way or the other (which way is the million dollar question).
Xpeng & Li Auto have seen huge jumps from their earnings recently however haven’t had the run up NIO have the last few weeks.
Whatever happens Tuesday, I’m hoping to keep regularly buying in going forward.

1 Like

Xpeng’s curve is almost identical to Nio’s over last week or so and in some respects has gained more.

I have concerns that it is being primed for a dump by the finance houses to cash in. This will then lead to some sort of pull back poss towards end of month.

It is killing my fomo but I’m hoping the pull back will be a good opportunity to add some more.

1 Like

Nextev has surpassed Baidu, GENERAL Motors and BMW in market value, becoming the sixth largest automobile manufacturer in the world.congratulations

I wouldn’t measure 'largest manufacturer ’ by market cap but by what they actually manufacture. Which for NIO is roughly 20k and GM 8 million per year. 400x the valuation of GM :thinking:

3 Likes

Bit of a dip today … guna ride it I think just people who bought at $2 cashing in … I hope but for me there’s a future for this company even if it only reaches half the price of Tesla

Apparently it’s some big group shorting the company and saying it;s only worth $25

2 Likes

“some big group” being Citron

Competition in the EV space is going to affect margins, it’s a relatively simple technology which means barriers to entry are surmountable which is going to push margins in the same direction as ICE cars.

3 Likes

Ah thanks! I’m under the weather and couldn’t remember.

On the plus side for Nio holders it is a fairly moderate piece (at least by Citron standards) in that it’s not saying Nio is worthless/fraudulent, they are still giving a high price target of $25. Compared to their short thesis on lots of firms this is actually not so bad. For example countless Chinese stocks which Citron basically alleged were fraudulent / worthless in the past.

On the downside Citron have been pretty successful in calling shorts, yes they’ve had some notable misses but generally (and especially in China) they are pretty good at what they do. That’s why their articles carry a lot of weight.

All that said investors should just read the paper and make their own assessment, don’t trust something because of who said it, even if they do have a strong reputation.

3 Likes

What the Chinese government could do to protect local automakers is something Citron does not say in this analysis.

The pullback has already begun.

Spoke too soon! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

nio gang got loyal people

2 Likes

Maybe it’s true. Maybe “stonks only go up”?

I know it’s dropped a bit but I was expecting a bloodbath. I was going to (manually) cash out if it dropped below $40 but it’s currently at $45.53 so I’ll stay in.

So what I’ve read online (may/may not be true), is that the shorting of the stock on Friday meant an SSR (short selling restriction) was put in place for 24 hours (basically covering all of Monday).
This occurs when a stock is aggressively shorted and drops by more than 10% in a day.
It basically restricts short sellers from aggressively shorting and distorting the SP.
If this is the case then we could see some even wilder activity tomorrow and after earnings are announced.