Palantir - PLTR - Share Chat

Time for me to top up would be around $22.

Closed @ 24.45. Called it :point_down: :eyes:

No longer forecast to breakeven
The 10 analysts covering Palantir Technologies no longer expect the company to break even during the foreseeable future.

• The company was expected to make a profit of US$50.3m in 2022.
  • New consensus forecast suggests the company will make a loss of US$102.2m in 2022.
    ~ SimplyWallSt.

Just means we get a discount on the share price for longer :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

So they juiced the books by investing in SPAC’s who will in return use their services and they’ll still blow over $100m in losses?

Given the swing from +$50m to -$100m it not unreasonable to assume this is still loss making in 2024 - it’ll be old enough to legally drink in the US and drowns it’s own sorrows.

When the book is written on the post Covid stock market crash there will be a chapter on Palantir - I doubt it’ll make for fun reading.

1 Like

Analysts seem to change their mind like the weather. Visionary or trying to talk the price down?

A more positive article on Palantir via SimplyWallSt:

2 Likes

I own both so that’s either super-good or super-bad.
Super-interesting either way :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting move into gold bullion

2 Likes

An interesting discussion. Mention of Palantir is towards the end of the video.

Dear me!

Oops!

Just hope they’ve bothered to apply Least Privilege access to all that gold.

2 Likes

Credit: @TornikeLaghidze

1 Like

Plus Faraday Future…

Am I the only one who is concerned that a data company is now turning its self into some kind of a SPAC investment vehicle?

Wouldn’t they be better to focus on the core business?

5 Likes

I’m more concerned at what the possible ‘Black Swan’ event might be that these investments and gold are meant to be a hedge against.

2 Likes

Nope. It looks extremely random.
Seems like they don’t know how to grow anymore and their IRR is getting low.

SPACs are not a hedge against anything. They’re literally cash + management costs.

2 Likes

oh dear god they gave money to babylon

1 Like

Some of those companies due to taken over by the SPAC’s have signed multi-year contracts for Palantir’s services, I would imagine they all have to some extent.

Potential to extend in future contracts with these companies once those contracts expire (since it takes time and resources to build such services in-house) and at the same time take advantage of any future growth in the companies as well.

1 Like