PrimaryBid: Connects Investors with Public Companies

I asked a question on this for tomorrow Ama, im hoping they might touch on it Freetrade AMA on Clubhouse, Wed 17th Feb, 6 PM - #56 by Eden

1 Like

thanks - would be nice if they did, I attended the last one on zoom and to be fair they answered a challenging question that I asked so fingers crossed

Does Anyone know when Freetrade will integrate with primarybid?

1 Like

Primary Bid is doing IPOs now? I havenā€™t checked the website for a while, but all three raises look like IPOs.

Yeah theyā€™ve done a number of them. UK only from what Iā€™ve seen, but interesting

1 Like

That would be a good question for next Wednesdayā€™s meeting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone had success integrating their freetrade GIA with primarybid please?

Itā€™s not showing up on the list and the other option is not there!
:pensive:

No freetrade previously didnā€™t want to link up with PB but as theyā€™ve said above, itā€™s worth asking if its on the cards in future.

Does Primary Bid only do UK shares? I assume thatā€™s all they do.

Any chance of this? Would be great

1 Like

Freetrade donā€™t currently allow it unfortunately. I asked customer service previously.

Hi FTā€¦ please can you work with PrimaryBid to get it linked up with FT?

Make it a Plus feature perhaps.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had two invitations to buy into IPOs via PrimaryBid in the last few weeks - one for PensionBee and another for Deliveroo. While I canā€™t see me investing in Deliveroo - itā€™s haemorrhaging VC funding - I probably would put some into PensionBee. If PrimaryBid is going to be more commonly used as a way for ā€œapp-basedā€ companies to move to public status, Iā€™d like to have access to it.

2 Likes

Same here :+1:Iā€™ll definitely be investing in PensionBee but will give Deileroo a miss for the reasons you mentioned. Also, I think with all the newly empty shops there could be a glut of new food outlets giving cheap dining options. This may reduce the delivery preference long term.

+1 it seems strange FT is not on the list

2 Likes

If you donā€™t select any broker then itā€™ll be held with Equiniti, where itā€™s Ā£5 to make a trade or Ā£5 to transfer out at a later date. So you could transfer it to Freetrade at a later date

4 Likes

Iā€™m also interested in investing in PensionBee. What are peoples suggestions for the cheapest GIA of the ones currently listed on PrimaryBid. The best iā€™ve seen so far is iWeb which is Ā£5 per transaction but requires a Ā£100 registration fee. The rest have ongoing monthly charges and Iā€™m not keen on doing that.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat. I donā€™t want to miss out so will need another account for the time being.

1 Like

Agreed. Hoping Freetrade can get on this soon!

X-O is Ā£5.95 per trade and doesnā€™t appear to have other fees which is the best I could find whilst waiting for Freetrade to support it :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes