[Request] CD Projekt Red (CDR) 🎮 ⚔ [Poland]

It’s a complete shitshow. I wonder about the long-term impact on CDR’s reputation, having deceived consumers over how the game performs on last-gen consoles.

I think they’ve only lowered their reputation to about level with most other game developers :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s been pulled for the PlayStation Store… Down another 15% today…

What a disaster. They can turn it around, but it’ll take a lot of work - clearly it wasn’t in a fit state to release. Final Fantasy and No Man Sky managed turnarounds.

It’s a shame Sony and Microsoft won’t allow games to run on their upgraded systems exclusively and not the base console.

I tried to buy the Stadia bundle last week, but it was already sold out. At least Google are doing ok off it :joy:

1 Like

I can see why they released it on the older gen consoles. Money. But what a stupid decision

1 Like

I’d be up for buying some but they’re not available here nor on my other trading platform. I mean they’ve sold loads and I’m sure all the bugs (for the versions that have them) will be resolved soon enough and most the reviews were quite positive other than the bugs.

They’re available on Trading212.

Damn, and I just bought some more yesterday thinking it couldn’t get worse!

Back before the days of being able to download patches on console games had to pass Sony’s strict QA before they could be sold for playstation. Presumably they do no QA any more?

Rami Ismail gave a good run down on platform certification.

I once had a Job interview at a game developer. They told me at the time Sony would knock them back for bugs. He mentioned a sound glitch as an example, not something that would brick the console. This was years ago though. Patching games on Console wasn’t a thing back then

I’m not saying Sony are responsible in any way though.

1 Like

I am just filling out the form to get a refund on Cyberpunk 2077 and thought i’d share my experience. I thought some of the graphics looked incredible on PS5. The future of gaming looks awesome. Bad bits, i’m stuck on the Arasaka office, you just go round and round. I’ve been researching on youtube and googling a few solutions but no luck getting around it (others are experiencing the same). I could start the game again with a new session (a lot of hours already spent in the current game), but no guarantees when I reach that point or other areas, i’ll be able to get past it. Saw some weird things in the game, floating briefcases, NPC not sitting on chairs etc. I think they would need another year to get it where it should be. Great to see CD Project Red offering a refund on the game, which i’ve taken up.

4 Likes

30hrs in and no ‘game-breaking’ issues for me on Stadia - give that a whirl if you’re interested in another play through.

You can use your existing controller (PS/XBX etc), play it on any device, TV (Stadia controller only currently), computer, tablet, phone, and even refund it again if you aren’t happy - providing you play less than 2hrs game time.

Goodbye consoles :wave:t2:

2 Likes

The storyline was getting so good too. I genuinely want to find out what happens next in the Arasaka family. I’ll check and see if there are any Boxing Day deals and pick up a Stadia controller (would prefer to play it on TV). Or maybe I could connect my MacBook via HDMI port to the TV :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Will check out YouTube for some options.

Could lead to me buying Google shares… :sweat_smile:

I’m a believer, give it a go!

If you connect your MacBook via HDMI to a TV it’ll work (even with a non-Stadia controller). However you’ll need a Chromecast Ultra for true 4k/60 support. Macbook’s aren’t currently 4k capable through Stadia so you’ll be limited to 1080p/60 (unless you use a third party work-around to force a higher resolution VP9 codec).

1 Like

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Hats out to the brave souls still holding…

5 Likes

I really would love for this stock to be added as soon as possible

CDR fell 13%+ today after their latest investor video. Maybe because there is no quick Cyberpunk fix, or the implied cancellation of Cyberpunk Multiplayer standalone. Also recently announced the acquisition of a subcontractor.

1 Like