[Request 👋] Deutsche Bank — $DB

We don’t offer Deutsche Bank yet but this is pretty big news so I’m curious to hear people’s thoughts on this..

In an unusual move, they’ve summarised the news in a tweetstorm.

Here’s a summary of the implications for people in the UK from the BBC.

They’re also planning to halt dividend payments for the next 2 years. But they’re planning to free up 5 billion Euros to return to shareholders through share buybacks and dividends, starting in 2022.

2 Likes

It’s feels as though they don’t really know where they sit any more; not a retail bank obviously, moving away from buy side investment banking, trying to focus more on corporate banking and M&A advisory but have dropped from where they used to sit. So much of investment banking is on brand and reputation, and there’s is terrible. Not particularly encouraging from any angle.

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

What would be the impact on DWS Xtrackers?
There are a few on Freetrade. I own none of them

None. DWS is a separate, publicly traded firm where this restructure has no impact.

I read they have a few trillion in toxic derivatives? Starting to sound like 2008 again.

1 Like

Great thread on the EU banking system:

3 Likes

Cor blimey, this is bloody terrifying to be honest with you. Thanks for the share.

Yeah this is fairly chilling stuff, could be a rough few years for equities! Will all recover eventually though as ever.

But you also should not believe everything you read on the internet. Especially written by someone on Twitter…

1 Like

Well of course, but it’s interesting to read something by someone who’s clearly done a lot of research.