[Request] iShares Global Timber & Forestry ETF (WOOD) - Share Chat

I’m holding for now, currently an average of £22.72 so a £23.80 loss. I like this ETF purely because it includes some Sweden and Finland which is hard to get elsewhere and it pays modest dividends in the meantime so I’m happy to wait until it’s high enough to sell at a decent profit. I agree with you though, I’ll probably not buy more.

1 Like

It’s only about 21% total in Sweden + Finland according to Justetf:

If you want pure play exposure to Sweden there is an iShares Sweden etf:

There are also a couple of Nordic etfs, biggest holding in this one is Novo Nordisk at nearly 20% so quite a high weighting to just one stock! All these would still give you some diversification by sector though, rather than just forestry/timber.

I know nothing about the timber industry, but with the huge drop in timber prices over the past year, I wonder what the outlook is for the industry and by extension the WOOD etf? Would guess that it’s a fairly cyclical sector and therefore fairly exposed to recessionary risks?

1 Like

Thank you, yes I realise it’s not entirely Sweden & Finland but I liked that there was at least quite a lot in there, more than you find in many other places.

Interesting Xtrackers ETF and I would definitely be tempted. Don’t think it’s on FreeTrade though is it?

Yes I think you would be quite right about this, also timber manufacture such as furniture, etc for which demand will be much lower during recession than during periods of growth.