Rolls-Royce - RR - Share Chat

Do we have a rough timeline for Nat Dec?

I don’t think Freetrade have a timeline for this. They are aware of the issue and intend to deal with it in due course.

Wish I owned more, lol

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for Rolls-Royce to be added. It seems crazy that it’s not been done given them number of requests for it.

1 Like

The clue/reason is in the title/headline :+1: It is an issue with national declaration which FT have mentioned many times. If you search it then it will explain why on several threads. Below is a link to one of many

Is Nationality Declaration ever going to make it onto the roadmap? - Freetrade Chat :fire: - Freetrade Community

1 Like

Thanks Gary. Still new to this stuff.

Other companies offer the stock though so the issue shouldn’t be insurmountable.

It’s on the radar but the amount of work doesn’t seem to warrant the reward. Unlike many platforms FT are building the backend themselves as opposed to just white labelling something else. When they launch EU stock I can see this being fixed at the same time.

2 Likes

Still pretty disappointing that it hasn’t been built in the 2 years! It certainly prompted me to look elsewhere to buy RR shares.

6 Likes

Awaiting my signup link to trading 212 to become available, very disappointing that this still isn’t investable given the huge gains this morning. Two years to solve this and no progress / updates / indications of when to expect it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold your breathe about getting anything from T212.

https://community.freetrade.io/t/t212-trading-212/54468

It’s has saved you money though, if you’d brought 2 years ago …

1 Like

I asked about adding this stock RR. a while back and got my arse torn off by certain forum individuals. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No you didn’t, don’t be so sensitive. You were told to use the search function because it’s a pain in the arse tidying up all the new stock requests when there is already topics covering them.

2 Likes

It has saved me money compared to 2 years ago, however had we been able to buy at the lowest ebbs of the pandemic the gains would have been rather large. I have the same frustrations with airline stocks.

I have committed to Freetrade and hold an ISA as well as my standard portfolio, so do feel I have some right to be frustrated with the inability to add such commonly requested features, or even a clear roadmap for their introduction (with timetables) so that we can plan investments.

6 Likes

You’re absolutely right but let’s not pretend either of us want to be loading up with airline stock when we were all in national lock down.

Your point is completely valid however, :freetrade: have mentioned on multiple occasions that building their system the hard way will be slower but better for everyone long term. So I guess we wait

As I have many times expressed, the addition of adding user requested tickers is freetrades biggest let down for me. It’s actually kind on none existent if I’m being honest.
I just don’t understand how its such a big issue when the point of the platform is to invest in companies the user’s want

1 Like

Understand that but would have liked the opportunity to have chosen my re-entry point on certain airlines and RR on FT rather than having to keep these on another platform - the only issue with transferring completely to FT.
I recall Adam explaining on one AMA why one function addition was complex and taking time and appreciate that they want to get it right first time, but it would be helpful to have more detail as to why it is taking time or a realistic target date to add this.

2 Likes

Airlines were a reasonable long term target during the pandemic, I certainly found them an appropriate level of risk for my investment strategy.

IAG is a strong group and has financials which meant lockdowns were easily survivable compared to more leveraged airlines. In the long term air travel will probably hit pre-pandemic levels, certainly in leisure and tourism if not business, and there is absolutely scope for consolidation and acquisitions in the sector which is why a long term portfolio would feature airline stocks as an acceptable level of risk.

To say no one would have been buying airlines had they been available last year is wrong.

I did that:

Brought Rolls Royce as well, up about 52%. These stocks are still not fully recovered and I bought them for long term growth as well. I don’t think flying will decrease significantly with environmental concerns and as countries develop, more people will be flying internationally and domestically.

4 Likes

I bought up biggly on Cruise stocks at the peak of lockdown thanks to the lovely discounts that are now paying off well but didn’t unfortunately do with airlines :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Again, thanks for your input it goes along way in helping me and others in the forum :+1: