Series B announcement MEGATHREAD

As I can see people started being too serious in this chat, I am just posting a super insightful slide from Freetrade deck. Just for funā€¦4 charts without any number on the y axes. Who wants to guess? That AuA is going to the moon :rofl:

6 Likes

They released a blog post about his departure on 25th

11 Likes

Do you like the deck?

15 Likes

Yes love it so does @PleaseLaunchInPoland :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A trajectory that only goes up :rocket:

What a shame :frowning: Its not easy finding engineers, let alone a CTO. Hope this doesnt hurt Freetrades prospects too much - Freetrade seems in dire need of engineers to grow. Anyway, I wish him well.

4 Likes

@adam if you want a laugh scroll up. Do you live in a magic lamp? @weenie says you do

@adam I donā€™t get if you are being sarcastic or itā€™s a serious question ahahā€¦in the doubt, I will answer seriously. I think itā€™s great that you are sharing it with us and I like that is so short. You give few information and then I imagine you tell your ā€œlongā€ story (and the investor is not distracted by numbers - Steve Jobā€™s style). I work in the magical words of investments and have a numerical background, if I see a graph with no numbers I just go mad. I have a baby Python model that is asking for revenue or AuM numbers since day 1 ahah. Other than that, your presentation decks are fantastic since the first I saw at Octopus Lab :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Ian or Viktor were original co founders? I heard Viktor explain on a podcast he came to Freetrade after seeing them raising their first Crowdcube round. Maybe I misheard. Not a judgement on whether he should have the title of Co founder or not, personally I think Viktor is awesome and has been instrumental, and itā€™s nice to see him get the recognition, just pointing out.

Also somewhat surprising to see securities lending being planned as a revenue stream. I think itā€™s a good idea and helps pay for the product at no cost to the customer, care is needed though around how it is communicated especially after the GME saga.

3 Likes

Serious question

1 Like

Did you change the date? Looks edited

1 Like

Iā€™m most impressed by now you managed to beat your own targets. I even thought you were a bit ambitious last time.

So big well done.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s pre Gamestop figues as well

1 Like

Such a shame to see @Ian leave. Freetrade has gone from strength to strength since he joined.

I donā€™t think the growth or product would have been possible without the tech platform Ian has overseen.

13 Likes

The Freetrade share sell email doesnā€™t make sense, it asks if you want to sell at Ā£3.77. Then provides a slide with charts showing rapid growth. Thatā€™ll be a no to selling right now then.

Over $10m ARR is incredible as well. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if ARR is now over $20m. TechCrunch said they did $1.4m in December, imagine what that was at peak GameStop.

1 Like

Adam founded it with Davide Fioranelli initially If I remember correctly. Davide is in the board but works as VC investor now. Viktor got the title probably because he deserves it. A startup itā€™s a vision, if he contributed to change or improve that vision through time why not getting the titleā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you @lucas. Iā€™m also confident the team in place now will continue to go from strength to strength - they have some amazing leadership in place now.

52 Likes

We agree! We love him and he will always be a community member. :heart:

He left a strong engineering team with a lot of strong leaders at Freetrade.

37 Likes

Sorry to see you go @ian. Your efforts have been very much appreciated by the community, you couldnā€™t be leaving the business in a better position! Launching the App, building the Platform and scaling for exponential user growth! Thatā€™s one very impressive CV!

14 Likes

I picked up on this too, and agree that care is needed. You often see traders on the internet discussing this in a negative light saying things like ā€˜set you limit sells really high so that your broker cant lend your shares to bearsā€™ etc

The Crowdcube email also said October 2020.
Iā€™m pretty certain the document was edited and redacted so as not to reveal the KPIs to competitors, and hence the numbers of the chart were removed.

I donā€™t need the numbers to know that I will be making a big follow on investment in R8.

1 Like