Skillz Inc - SKLZ

This special acquisition company plans on merging with Skillz, a firm that makes tech used to enable competitive gaming in mobile video games. Any warrant distributions issued will be paid as cash.

Any thoughts on this stock?

It hasnā€™t seen much love and affection since the merger announcement with Skillz like the other SPAC are seeing :slight_smile: - SBE, CIIC etc.

I like it from price point of view and the fact itā€™s not gone crazy following the announcement, I have invested based on that and think it should be really good one to hold long term as Skillz will grow in esports industry.

Would love to hear other peopleā€™s thoughts

Itā€™s interesting for sure. I havenā€™t been able to get convicted just yet. Looks like a bunch of 2nd/3rd tier games on their platform. Check out Notion ā€“ The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. for more research

The stock started to rise, hope something positive is coming :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you invested, I would start to sell. A class action lawsuit has just been filed over fraud due to over reporting: HAGENS BERMAN, NATIONAL TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Encourages Skillz (SKLZ) Investors to Contact Firmā€™s Attorneys Now, Securities Fraud Case Filed

Aw just saw this as today is actually going up. Any news on lawsuit?

I was contacted directly by a law firm dealing with it after I enquired, obviously small time investors like me they will get to, but theyā€™re supporting the whales. They have said:

ā€œ At this time, for purposes of any class action, you will not need to do anything other than keep your records of purchasing stock. You should continue to watch headlines over the coming years to see if a settlement is reached. If there is a settlement, and you can confirm you purchased shares of Skillz Inc. (SKLZ) during the relevant period, you will be able to make a claimā€

Iā€™ve sold mine at a loss as thought it was going to tank (then annoyingly it did go up) but there seems to be something amiss in the company so not too annoyed that Iā€™ve gotten out.

1 Like

Looks as though Skillz has won at least one case here at the lawsuit was dismissed recently. I canā€™t read the full Bloomberg law article as donā€™t have subscription but that was posted on July 6th 2022. Could be the reason for the start of a rally.

Considering picking some more sklz up in the hope of a short term rally!ā€¦. Wider market dependent of course! :grin::grimacing: