Tencent - TCEHY - Sharechat

I’m still confused as to why Trading212 can offer the OTC option but Freetrade can’t?

Why can HL offer your European stocks and Freetrade can’t? Nobody has implemented the feature.

Slightly different, Freetrade don’t offer any European stocks but they do offer US stocks.

Yes, because they implemented having US stocks by integrating with a partner.
It’s trivial. Why don’t they offer something? Because they haven’t done it yet.
Not sure what answer you’re looking for besides that?

I was looking for an answer as to why they don’t offer it. I don’t think it’s as simple as saying they “haven’t done it yet”. Maybe they never plan on offering the OTC market.

Cheers for the informative answer though!

Vanguard VFEM is ~7% Tencent if you add Tencent and Naspers.

When EU stocks are on, you can check out Prosus, listed in Amsterdam. Prosus/Naspers are the same and own 30% of Tencent

2 Likes

@Vlad @Jonny

The wait is almost over!

2 Likes

Anyone know if this is likely to be added soon? Thanks

We’re not sure - I think there must have something gone wrong.

Is there any update on adding TCEHY please? ​It would be great to have access to some of the big OTC listings, such as Tencent, Meituan and Softbank.

This stock is the only reason I still have a DEGIRO account

Hiya,

Brand new to the platform and loving it so far. Reasonably seasoned investor, not so much on stocks and shares side of things, wondering if maybe there are reasons beyond my basic comprehension of trading mechanics higher up the chain that may be the reason why this core tech stock is missing from the bountiful list of options available to us?

I work alot in China and trust me Tencent are something you want a piece of… They are kinda second in command after the government here haha.

Live long and prosper people!

Would love to able to trade Tencent Holding Ltd. in UK!

@Viktor also this one as well please?

Same +1

+1 It would be awesome to have some more Chinese companies.

Sneak peek of this OTC stock which will be added shortly:

5 Likes

4 years later :clap:

1 Like

Read this from the email today. Great news to hear! I might get myself some since ByteDance are not doing an IPO anytime soon. But when it comes to Chinese stocks I am cautious on how many I would invest in. The CCP interferes way too much with them.

1 Like
This is a holding company providing social networking, music, web portals, e-commerce, mobile games, Internet services, payment systems, entertainment and AI through its subsidiaries.
1 Like