Unhappy Investor

Has the Revolut trading update spooked us all a bit ?
I understand the frustrations people have mentioned I really do. I’m Certain Freetrade will not stand still and bit by bit will improve.

1 Like

On the slowness of Freetrade last general ability to show information and update the app with what’s happening with your trades. I can’t help but have the feeling that there running on the minimum amount of hardware required to keep it going to save on costs. It just feels like that’s how the app is running.

I’m of the reality the Freetrade as well as the rest of the ‘competition’ needs to make money, actual free trades will always be limited, you simply cannot offer the infrastructure to give away free live up to the second instant trading without money. It would be unrealistic to even expect so and frankly selfish.

Unfortunately Freetrade has yet to offer imo anything for me to actually want to give them my money. I’d pay a small fee for good features and a number guaranteed instant trades. If I made more trades I’d pay more for open unlimited access to as much trading as I can have. But there’s no option for this :frowning:

1 Like

Another one is my GoPro stock I got free. This morning it said it was up 9%. Now it’s -7.6% but the chart definitely does not reflect this. I’m not really sure how to interpret this at the moment :man_shrugging:t3:

@Sim its down 19% today

The graph seems severely wrong though!

Price is right. Graph is wrong

Not sure about the 7 day graph, but the 1 day and 30 day graphs are correct but the price (difference ±) of the one day graph is off compared to HL.

Hmmm

Neither of those seem to reflect a 19% drop today

This is exactly my point! I do not feel confident putting large amounts of money on the app when they cannot get the app processing the basic functions it currently has correctly in a reasonable amount of time.

1 Like

HL graphs are the same. The displayed numbers are not.

Either something isn’t accurate or we’re not reading what’s being displayed correctly?

Hey Sim – can you drop us a DM on your app, and we can check this out? Thanks

3 Likes

OP needs to chill out

8 Likes

Done. Although my initial issues with the balance being out and the basic trades not going through seem to have sorted themselves out.

Maybe just log them as bug reports?

1 Like

@Sim @Salternator @Eden Hey guys – just to clarify this one.

Our 1D chart compares the opening price up until now, rather than the chart you mentioned from elsewhere which compares the closing price yesterday up until now.

There can be differences in yesterday’s closing price and today’s opening price due to out of hours trading.

Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

I think all charts should compare up until now.

I’ve previously noticed this, and don’t like it, you are displaying the now price. Maybe this charting topic should be split out.

1 Like

As we are into the charts there is one thing I don’t get. As Freetrade is aiming towards investors - why are the chart intervals 1d, 7d, 1m and max?

For example I want to see my 6m performance, but I can’t , same with the 3m or a yearly one. Really don’t get the logic behind that - investors platform with day-trading time chart intervals

9 Likes

I think 1 year becomes available when you have actually had an account open for over a year

It’s great that we can have these conversations and know that the Freetrade team is reading the commentary/feedback - it’s one of the reasons I am confident Freetrade will be a success.

Overall I am happy with how things have progressed. User growth has slowed recently which is my biggest concern but I’m hopeful that Freetrade will deploy a more aggressive user acquisition strategy soon.

6 Likes

Agreed there. I think the Q3/Q4 Ireland launch being delayed to Q1 2020 has hampered that forecast for the team as well. Would like to see the growth number projections come 2020.

Come on down :grinning: