Unhappy Investor

If someoneā€™s email is compromised, thereā€™s a heck of a lot more they could lose than Freetrade access. Password reset attempts could be carried out at many common online services; your entire address book could receive an ā€œI am on holiday in Thailand and have been involved in a terrible moped accident and also someone stole my wallet, please wire moneyā€ email; or nothing visible could happen while the infiltrator slowly and carefully mines your emails for information that could aid further cracking.

Even if someone managed to hack your email, how much would they actually be able to do with Freetrade anyway? The app asks for a PIN for almost everything. If they donā€™t know the PIN, being able to request a magic link doesnā€™t actually do that much for them.

tl;dr, protect your email, yo.

2 Likes

I think the points raised by a few people on app development and user numbers slowing are fair. Fractional stocks being a big one with app development particularly given the segment of the market and customer base that Freetrade are positioning for. User numbers especially when there has been an aggressive (maybe too agressive) referral program.

Yeh so basically nick you are expecting every joe bloggs that signs up to have amazing email security well that doesnā€™t happen which is why when you want to log into online banking there are a bunch of things to do before you can authorise financial transactions. The security is not good enough simple as that. You can send a link to email and youā€™re in thatā€™s it!

Iā€™m also interested to know how many people are having issues with dividend payments as that also seems to be recurring.

Welcome to the conversation. I donā€™t understand what youā€™re adding to it other than trying to derail.

2 Likes

What an unnecessary, sarcastic and horrible post. Just because you donā€™t feel the same that doesnā€™t mean someone shouldnā€™t be allowed to share criticism and ask questions. Sure most people here want Freetrade to succeed but success doesnā€™t come from continual positivity or refusing to recognise flaws.

10 Likes

Have you invested in any other crowdcube campaigns? Iā€™m curious because of the ones Iā€™ve invested in Freetrade is the most transparent about what is going on, and has made the most progress. Itā€™s the one Iā€™m most confident about.

12 Likes

A few people jumping on OP for voicing his concerns. Can I just say weā€™re all here on this forum because we believe in Freetrade presumably, some of us investing (in more ways than one) in them out of confidence. Iā€™ve given my fair share of criticism in the past, not to moan, but so the team can reflect and build on it.

My point being that this thread, and others like it, shouldnā€™t be seen as anti-freetrade propaganda or whinging (even if that was the intent!). Itā€™s feedback, critique. Itā€™s gold dust; Great companies thrive off this material. Some great points have come from this thread already. Whatā€™s more, and I canā€™t say this of many companies, I can always count on the Freetrade team to listen.

7 Likes

critique is a positive thing. I trust there are smart people running freetrade and the more information and insight they receive should lead to better decision making.

Nothing wrong with a little pressure from investors!

Obviously I want freetrade to succeed. Duh!

5 Likes

Hey Dave!

Yes Iā€™ve done other Crowdcube. I donā€™t have anything bad to say about freetrade team Iā€™m sure theyā€™re all great!

However, someoneā€™s got to say it. If you use the app regularly you will see these glitches all the time. Activity feeds not updating , dividends late, orders not processing,incorrectly p/l calculation, new stocks added way too slow, latency in price display.

Nothing wrong with pointing out that if this app is going to succeed those things early on is a recipe for disaster.

Edit: important to point out that I Use the app a lot and itā€™s put me off because of worrying that a technical glitch , hack etc is going to lose my money, and Iā€™m an crowdfunder. Having a glitchy app is not OK when itā€™s financial services simple as that. Any other service and I wouldnā€™t post this Iā€™d just let it evolve.

5 Likes

Iā€™m intrigued. How do you know what the OP invested? Why does the amount the OP invested matter to this conversation?

Like you, I have a different view from the OP but I donā€™t begrudge them posting their view. After all forums that become echo chambers, or start overflowing with sycophants are off-putting.

5 Likes

This is getting off topic guys

2 Likes

I am not sure that there is a big point on continuing having this conversation.

We all want Freetrade to succeed. It is a small company and we invested in it. We all know the risks.

I would highlight the fact that having the community and be able to share our views with the executive team is a privilege. There is no listed company that you have this level of access with the investments that we make.

Do I think that progress feels slow? Yes.

Is there a point arguing and complaining about it? No.

I would much rather prefer the team working on the glitches (of which they are 100% aware) than reading through 100 individual comments asking why is there not a finished product available after 1yr of operation.

Change it good, it happens constantly and yes it feels slow. But please, just because we have this access to the executive team, letā€™s not abuse it and waste their time.

PS: I use Freetrade daily and have invested in both R4&5

11 Likes

This
(characters)

Edit: If anything grievances should be posted in a megathread so at least they know where to look. Agree a lot with Spyrosā€™ comment, they should not be wasting time on the individual comments. Maybe they would be further down the line if less people werenā€™t annoying them :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Iā€™m a happy investor, you guys are doing a great job. If youā€™re struggling to get engineers maybe look at an office outside London? Go and put some bright kids through Flatiron school? Go and get students at the end of their 2nd year and offer to pay off their loans, give them 50k salary and a bright future? Acquihire? Offer them a pair of socks?

1 Like

Maybe engineers in one of the countries we are looking to expand in?

3 Likes

To reiterate, I wouldnā€™t say (atleast I hope not) anyones complaining or arguing, although it might look like that; weā€™re just floating ideas.:peace_symbol:

Honestly, Freetrade team, we think you rock :+1: I donā€™t think this has been communicated fully. Iā€™d hate for the Team to read these posts and be disheartened.

We understand you all have more riding on this than any of us and are trying your utmost to push this company to a success :ok_hand:

8 Likes

VS

Maybe we should go mid-aggressive then. :man_shrugging:

So, we appreciate all the views and we donā€™t mind having candid conversations.

Unfortunately a few community members above are jumping to conclusions based onā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what.

The app development is going ahead as planned on the roadmap. We are focused on the features that matter for building a truly meaningful product, as opposed to a superficial app where you can take punts. It has taken some time to go as deep as we did, and as I mentioned, some exciting announcements are incoming.

Everyone: weā€™ve built a financial services company. We just got a variation of permissions that enables us to build fractional European and UK stocks offering, a world first and a great marker of progress. We built an engineering team Google would be glad to have. We are on track to 100k users.

Announcements by other companies that theyā€™ll provide ISA sometime next year do not mean weā€™ve slowed down. At all.

This thread became unconstructive, and it earned a bit of a time-out. We will close it for now.

Thanks to everyone above whoā€™ve made constructive or encouraging comments! I personally love some of those ideas @Andrewpclark. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Thanks. :pray: All of these ideas have been or are being looked at. :slight_smile:

2 Likes