Velocys (VLS) - Share Chat

Velocys enables sustainable fuels for aviation and heavy goods transport, using waste materials, to cut greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality.

Velocys plc is a United Kingdom-based fuels technology company. The Company offers Fischer-Tropsch technology for the generation of low carbon, synthetic drop-in aviation and transport fuel from municipal solid waste and waste woody biomass. The Company is focused on developing projects including Altalto in Immingham, United Kingdom and Bayou Fuels in Natchez, Mississippi, United States to produce fuels that reduce both greenhouse gas emissions and exhaust pollutants for aviation and road transport.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=LON:+VLS&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgecRozi3w8sc9YSm9SWtOXmPU4OIKzsgvd80rySypFJLiYoOyBKT4uHj00_UNjcoKMyzTStJ4AEgCBqo8AAAA&tbm=fin&gws_rd=ssl#gws_rd=ssl&scso=_3KgZX6WfKrS78gKj0ajgCg1:0&wptab=OVERVIEW

Velocys are making big contributions towards the UK governments aviation decarbonisation programme and recently joined the UK Jet Zero Council

https://www.velocys.com/2020/07/22/velocys-joins-uk-governments-jet-zero-council/

They also recently launched a £20m share placement which was hugely successful and I think Freetrade users have a lot to gain from this future gainer.

Can we please add it to the next batch?

@Freetrade_Team @Viktor

Another interesting read for energy investors.

Velocys has been granted planning permission for their UK fuel plant Altalto, more details below.

“ Subject to funding and once fully operational, this plant will take over 500,000 tonnes per year of household and office waste (including hard-to-recycle plastics), left over after recycling and destined for landfill or incineration, and convert them into over 60 million litres of cleaner burning sustainable jet and road fuel each year. This will lead to an estimated net CO2 saving of over 80,000 tonnes per year.”

https://www.altalto.com/immingham/

https://www.velocys.com/projects/altalto/

I don’t know what to make of Velocys. On the one hand, I support its goals and I think converting waste into fuel is far better than burning it. There are alternate ways to produce energy, but aeroplanes will need fuel for the foreseeable future. Making that more environmentally conscious is a no-brainer.

However, the company’s financials are just appalling. They’re staying afloat with fundraisers and loans, but the £millions they’re losing every year do not look set to end any time soon.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Rocketing for the past two days over sustainable fuel deals

1 Like

…and cited in a White House report on increasing the use of sustainable aviation fuel White House commits SAF pledge | Velocys

2 Likes

Anyone still in this

Followed you here ! Saw your post on tm1 . You had time to do any reseqrch on this company?

1 Like

50 50 atm with what ive read i like the concept they have. They have some decent cash runway and have a few big players involved. Tempted. To put a little in. Got 2 days off and doing some research so will give you a better dive into it

2 Likes

Awesome, much apreciated. Id like to learn more because dyor seems really complicated when you try to reseqrch and drill down into thenrabbit warren!

1 Like

Hi guys
Thanks for the tip lee. Im currently also researching Velocys… interesting company… sems like its downsides are the time to profitability and they cash burn but the positives are very impressive. I have dropped a few quid in and will be watching this from now on.

Velocys collabrates with BA and shell which expected to begin in 2019

Quite a few grants this year and alot of intrest.

They exec changes

Planning premison for a plant in uk

2021 few orders

Shell drop out of above agreement

Toyo engineering agreement

BA extend agreement

Since then nothing to note but as above from moopoo seems a long way to go. So might wait and see if it drops

2 Likes

Yeah Subject to nothing worrying coming out im thinking buy in after dilution causes drops in sp seems like a game plan

2 Likes

@Da_MoLe looked into it. Not going in anytime soon. Looks like dilution incoming. But i guess its how long your looking at holding

2 Likes

Much appreciated