Vote for us in the Product Hunt Golden Kitty Awards 2019 šŸ†

Yeah we should ask them to do some sort of verification of the results, predicto has (almost) no social media reach and no message in the product to tell you to vote so their numbers seem a bit surprising to me

1 Like

What is Predicto? is it basically just spread betting? Thereā€™s nothing new about making money from predicting stuffā€¦

If thereā€™s no verification on votes it would be pretty easy to wrote a bot that would just rack up votes

~99% sure Predictoapp have gamed there votes. I canā€™t see how this obscure Fintech with no app or social media presence has overtaken Freetrade with a surge in the last 24 hours:

:vs:

The numbers just donā€™t add up :face_with_monocle: , unless they have some strong email list of customers that we donā€™t know about.

6 Likes

Thanks, Theo. Weā€™ll ask Product Hunt to investigate their votes.

Thanks to everyone whoā€™s voted, and itā€™s incredible that our amazing community drove 800+ votes! :man_bowing:

8 Likes

Done this morning! And good luck.

1 Like

I was wondering what Predicto was too, never heard of it. My first reaction is make predictions about the future = gambling. However, it says itā€™s ā€œfree to playā€, so maybe revenue and prizes come from advert revenue. Anyone actually used it?
ā€” Edit
I tried it. I was presented with choices to make (ā€œpredictionsā€ / ā€œbetsā€), e.g. ā€œPremier: Which team will win on Sat Feb 1? Leicester Chelseaā€. Points are awarded for being right, as well as for daily login, likes on Twitter, etc. Prize pool for top 10 scores (stars * accuracy rate) in January is USD $102, paid in bitcoin or Paypal. Itā€™s real stretch to call this Fintech. I donā€™t see this as a ā€œfinancial serviceā€.

Thereā€™s loads of apps on blockstack.org, but the ones I looked at are light on detail. For example, thereā€™s a ā€œPrivate Encrypted Storageā€ app, but when I go to it, thereā€™s no mention of file limits, costs, or even where the stuff is stored. :thinking: Still, if it turns out not to be some sort of scam, the Blockstack platform looks promising, even if Predicto isnā€™t novel.

2 Likes

Results are in

Unfortunately Freetrade didnā€™t make itā€¦

Surprised by this.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help anyway, we appreciate it :pray:

4 Likes

Iā€™m very surprised FT isnā€™t even 2nd or 3rd. Pretty sure FT and Predictio were way ahead of those two leading up to the close.

4 Likes

Yep, same here. I would have expected it to be in the Top 3.

In other news - the permissions requested just to vote with Twitter were crazyā€¦ disconnected the app now but still, look at this beauty

Annnnnd revokedā€¦