Warehouse REIT (WHR) - Share Chat

Warehouse REIT plc owns and manages a diversified portfolio of warehouse real estate assets in UK urban areas. Clients include Amazon & Screwfix.

Dividends in today for WHR :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been wanted to add some Reits for a while and WHR’s at the top of my list with BBOX but I can’t bring myself to pay a 15% premium. Hopefully it’s back at a discount by the time FT adds Reits to Isas.

1 Like

Please don’t hold your breath until FT have REITS in ISA/SIPPs :ambulance: :rofl:

I don’t really focus on NAV price for REITS. I expect the NAVs to catch up. Segros NAV for example recently increased by 40%.

2 Likes

It’s a good job I’m patient! :grin: I love a bargain so tend to keep a close eye on NAVs and sit tight until sentiment changes, especially for lump sum buys.

Do you mind if I ask what made you chose WHR over BBOX? It’s going to be a tough decision that one as it seems a bit of a toss-up between the two.

1 Like

Similar performance: TritaxBB fees are higher + stamp duty.

WHR lower fees & no stamp duty as it’s listed on AIM.

1 Like

Didn’t realise WHR is Aim-listed, that makes the decision a bit of a no-brainer!

1 Like

Have a look at the costs & charges link on each listing.

1 Like

Why is there a 20% tax withheld on the dividend?

REIT dividends (PID) are paid out pre corporation tax & we pay it at our end.

Here is a link to a PDF which will explain it better.

REIT Fact Sheet

2 Likes

Any news on the ISA for this one?

Sadly no

"Warehouse REIT shares stand at 124p and yield 5 per cent. This REIT is at an 8 per cent premium to its net asset value, which is modest compared with some of its larger peers who are at double-digit premiums. Does this mean that it’s too late to put money into the sector? The answer is yes, if you are fixated on bargain buys. "

The above is from the 30 January 2021 https://www.thisismoney…er-goods-portfolio.html

So 2 years ago share price 124p today 79p. Yield 5% now 8%. Premium 8% now 38% discount.
Does it now meet the definition of a bargain buy?
“The answer is yes, if you are fixated on bargain buys”

When (eventually) interest rates fall the NAV (presently 124p) will get an automatic uplift from the discount rate reversing back (maybe not all the way).

A 30% increase in the share price gives you 104p share price and still a 20% discount to the present NAV. Which has been reduced due to the increase in risk off gilt market returns.

What i think will happen is the share price will be chasing an accelerating NAV.

A possible scenario! I live in hope.