We are closing the round (and re-opening in June)

Presumably the value of the company goes up by the amount of this raiseā€¦

Will the rewards stay the same?

1 Like

Weā€™ll let you know when weā€™re coming up to the next round.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Adam, sounds like it caters for everyoneā€™s needs EIS availability, old investors wanting to get out and new investors not missing out.

Crowdcube should implement ā€œexpress interestā€ page for June too :smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Do you expect the EIS confirmation from HMRC before the end of the cooling off period?

4 Likes

Good decision. This will give more people a chance to invest.

4 Likes

@Alderms @gmullebr

Itā€™s unlikely that weā€™ll receive the confirmation within such a short time. We havenā€™t received advance assurance from HMRC yet, but we canā€™t see why we wonā€™t.

Weā€™ll update you if we do hear back from them in time.

2 Likes

I am clicking ā€˜Request Accessā€™ on the crowdcube page, but the page just goes dim and freezes when I press the button. Thereā€™s no confirmation text or anything.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, weā€™ve already raised this with Crowdcube & theyā€™re looking into it at the moment.

1 Like

Please run future investment rounds when you do have the advance assurances from HMRC.

5 Likes

I just got an email from Crowcube saying the funding is completed and I freaked out so came here. Had a slight sense of relief with the funding returning in June, but even more so seeing the good news of there being more EIS funding available as well.

Thanks for everything youā€™ve done so far FT, looking forward to June and will hopefully give me a chance to put more money aside too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Keep an eye on the news in the coming days. :wink: I personally never expected this much demand, and it was really overwhelming. :bowing_man:

7 Likes

We found the same behaviour as we were testing the page. We notified Crowdcubeā€™s CTO about the issue!

EDIT 1: Heā€™s investigating this bug right now.

EDIT 2: Itā€™s fixed now.

1 Like

I think this is the best decision all round. Most people that missed out wonā€™t have long to wait and more will be eligible for eis too. Difficult decision but I think the right one. Well done all.

8 Likes

Can you confirm if Crowdcube gave Freetrade any form of compensation (waived fees/money etc) for what happened? Or maybe you canā€™t say

3 Likes

We definitely understand how important this is, weā€™ll do our best to make sure that we receive it in advance for the next round.

1 Like

@Freetrade_Team1 can those who just invested, but have duplicates, sell to other community members for exactly the same price?

I presume all those who invested this time will be grouped together with those investing in June ie both around 4 investors?

I think the idea of waiting/redoing the crowdfunding in June as stated above is an excellent idea. :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry for my confusing reply earlier, hereā€™s the answer:

6 Likes