What is the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS)?

It should be in your Crowdcube account, associated with the investment. You can download it and file your claim - either print it out and send it in for an adjustment to your tax code, or file a self assessment online.

1 Like

They all are apart from that one, it was the second round I think. it only has the share certificate for that year…

That was before Crowdcube started providing digital forms.

The company, Freetrade in this case, completes that form, so your best bet is to ask the company if they can provide a duplicate.

2 Likes

Cheers SAF that makes sense I will get in touch :+1:

1 Like

Fyi to anyone reading this in the same position (I’m probably the only one leaving it this late) Crowdcube were able to provide me with one with a quick email to their customer service team :+1:

2 Likes

Does anyone know how you can apply for EIS for say 4 years ago? Hoping I can do it online rather than via post…

Has anyone submitted a claim for income tax relief on EIS recently (last 6 months)? How long did it take to process?

I sent one off in September, heard back in April. So slighltly out of your timeframe. It took 7 months exactly and 2 phone calls to chase it up.

1 Like

Oh dear. Thanks for the guidance. Did the phone calls help in your opinion?

Been that long since I submitted it I have forgot, I think I sent it last September. On my most recent call with them they said they’ll have it processed no later than September this year…pretty sure there would be more urgency on their part if I owed the money!

3 Likes

Both calls said they messaged the department to chase it up. I think the second one probably helped more than the first one. Although I preferred the first advisors attitude more than second advisors.

I chased up at roughly 3 months and 6 months.

1 Like

Yes, and no interest for the delay.

Then again these forms go to a “technical” department which probably needs more staff. Before COVID when I called to check something I did get a call back from some helpful people in that department. You can’t call that department directly and the general team can’t help because they are not familiar with this, so all they can do is send them a chase up message.

1 Like