What's your stupidest reason for making an investment?

Whitbread (Premier inn)

2 Likes

Walmart would also work.
Oh and Zilog for Z.

I’m almost tempted to have a go at this myself now… :joy:

2 Likes

I have a load of stocks that are small investments and when I get a dividend I just put it on the biggest dip of the lot that day as long as I am sure it is a blip only. It actually works quite well and is outperforming my crypto exposure :joy:

My database includes tonnes of factors including Net value, weekly/daily movements and various other things I take into account but it works so far. It helps me balance raw emotion and stats to make a better guess. Actual deposits I treat very differently though :+1:

3 Likes

Lol because someone recommended it on the freetrade community forum :joy:
Well you live and you learn. All you newbies beware !! Always do your own research

11 Likes

Legal cannabis just funny, to me.

3 Likes

Booze / drugs …don’t do it kids!

1 Like

Rio Tinto (RIO), after they discovered ‘Kryptonite’…

5 Likes

:rofl:
Yep, Always

1 Like

Buying Into an IPO (Coinbase) in the heat of the moment because of FOMO, Fear Of Missing Out……“Seemed like a good idea at the time….”
You have to make mistakes to learn from them. Or in my case make them a couple of times haha

3 Likes

Buying Coinbase IPO just to be part of it- never buy at IPO

Buying Conduity Capital IPO just to get involved in a UK SPAC but they’ve announced a great merger with SmartTech 24/7

3 Likes

FOMO.

Got burned my first time investing in a US Pennystock thought it would be cool to buy at all time high just for them to do a price offering.

2 Likes

Buying Palantir because I like the Logo - Come on Freetrade make that Microsoft Logo have a White Background Please!!!

1 Like

My first two stocks ever bought on FT were BP, because I sailed on their oil tankers many years ago, and Evraz because it’s owned by Roman Abramovich, (you can tell which team I support).

No research or DD done on them, but it turned out not a bad decision.

2 Likes

Elon Musk

1 Like

Needs ‘well’ on the end of that sentence