2X more UK stocks 🇬🇧

Hey, sorry for the late response on this. Your requests for ETFs are definitely not falling on deaf ears, rest assured!

As @Viktor mentioned above, we’re prioritising by trading volumes right now. This applies to ETFs as well.

We are going to take a fresh look at all requests in January, and we’ll do our best to add more ETFs as we do know they’re highly requested by you and others.

3 Likes

Stamp duty!

So do ETF fund managers who buy the stocks not pay stamp duty? Yes you buy the ETF without it - but that’s because they’ve already paid it?

2 Likes

have fun :smiley: Asset Allocation|Top 10 Holdings|iShares MSCI World Small Cap UCITS ETF USD (Acc)|ISIN:IE00BF4RFH31
Until FT has some automated buy feature then doing a % breakdown of each each time you want to pay some in is too much effort. Are normal people even able to see the full portfolios somewhere? Even on the MSCI documents themselves they only show the top 10 holdings; I guess they sell the full list to companies to make money

Ok ok you win. :wink:

But many ETF tend to hold at lot less as a %. The top 10 alone usually are at least 1/3. Well at least on the couple of dozen funds on HL.

That would be pointless, the relatively minute fee you pay for index based ETFs is worth it.

2 Likes

Community voted stocks don’t seem to get a look in. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but realty income has 80 votes for instance. Come on guys add stuff people want. You’re doing a great job but no point in adding a stock just to say you have more stocks. And they’re fuckin duds

Edit: A 1 vote stock by the creator of the stock request thread should not be thought of as “community” request

1 Like

Regarding US stocks, they will adding thousands more in the new year once the migration to the new investment platform is complete so I think they’ve been holding off adding new ones until then. I believe it’s currently much easier for them to add UK stocks than US ones.

I also really want Realty Income available on the app but it will doubtless be added along with all the other US stocks very soon.

There’s not really an equivalence here. If I pay SDRT on an acquisition of shares, I then require the shares’ value to increase by the same amount as the SDRT to break even. If I buy an SDRT-free ETF, I don’t.

We can of course debate more broadly what value ETFs provide, but the fact is that not having transaction costs is an attractive benefit.

1 Like

If you’re prioritising by trading volumes, then may I ask why ERNE still hasn’t been added? It does just as much volume as ERND and ERNS - sometimes more - and there’s a sterling version (ERN1) if you’re not technically ready to offer the ‘native’ euro-denominated ETF.

2 Likes

Probably because there’s no demand for them on the forum.

1 Like

This is an NYSE-listed security. We’ll add thousands of US-listed stocks early next year.

4 Likes

We’ll look into this, thanks. :pray:

1 Like

Is there an update on European equities ? Danone, Airbus, Nestlé, UBS etc?

3 Likes

Can i request Vanguard FTSE Developed World ETF (VEVE) -all world without emerging markets for 0.12%

9 Likes

Good luck this has been requested numerous times above, FT should be fully aware the community want this! Still waiting.

Hey guys,

I have 2 AIM listed stocks that I would love to be added on the app. Can you please add:

Novacyt #NCYT
#KIBO

Furthermore, why don’t you add all stocks on the app? I’ve found that the app have limited number stocks. These 2 stocks have huge potential and are very popular but I can’t find them on the app which is a shame. The aim is generally very good but is clearly lacking in many areas.

It’s because of trading volumes usually. Freetrade prioritised stocks that had high trading volume to reduce trading failures.

I’ve linked to both existed threads in your original post.

A post was merged into an existing topic: An update on adding thousands of new US stocks :us:

Closing this topic as these stocks have been added.

Continue discussion: