400 brand new stocks 🔥

Good work guys

I do not have a ticker for this request but could we get a;

US Small-cap Value ETF

1 Like

Could we add at least one ETF that fulfill this: Shariah/Ethical Compliant Investment - #10 by absdroid

I feel like this is a potential market that could be catered to easily but is neglected.

4 Likes

Tell me about it :sweat_smile:

There are so many to do these days that we share across the team!

It’s very interesting learning about so many new companies and industries every week, I have to say.

And in terms of logos, I think this one is my favourite in the new batch:

10 Likes

Just me that’s frustrated and disappointed that you’ve gated half the stocks behind plus?

11 Likes

It’s good to see expansion, although a bit disappointed by lack of ETFs.
Is the spreadsheet updated as per: Please update freetrade universe spreadsheet ?

1 Like

Im disappointed by this decision too :cry:

2 Likes

No, I’m very disappointed that some of my core investment trusts are only going to be available on Plus. I doubt I’ll upgrade to Plus for them though - will just continue to hold them elsewhere and stick with my basic Freetrade ISA. For my circumstances this makes most sense for me.

4 Likes

The rationale for keeping certain stocks within Plus has been explained to death. The constant kvetching is hardly going to change minds.

Personally I welcome any expansion of available stocks. Thank you all at Freetrade for your efforts!

13 Likes

I wish there were more European ETFs (e.g. Bond ETFs) - as its currently impossible to have EU shares, and the roll-out seems veeeeeeery far away.

1 Like

I haven’t read any of that, I got a message saying 400 new stocks, then found out I couldn’t access 200 of them. This is the first I have commented on the subject

3 Likes

I’m not really complaining or expecting Freetrade to change their model or pricing. I understand they need to make money. The Plus pricing doesn’t work for my portfolio size (at least non SIPP) and trading frequency (intention is low frequency) compared to how much I pay elsewhere. Different pricing models will work for different people. Given that I’m not going to choose Plus, the fact that some investment trusts I would choose to invest in are only available in Plus then becomes a negative and means that Freetrade is not going to be a one stop shop for me. Which might mean after this ISA year that I choose a different option at another provider since I’d rather not have multiple accounts. I think it is reasonable to highlight how the evolving Freetrade model might be changing Freetrade’s customers minds.

4 Likes

Its the same ball park price as a Cup of coffee,netflix or Spotify subscription, 2 beers or a cheap takeaway except it gives you the potential to make money back, yeah its not nice paying for things but when you think how much you spend on other things like mentioned above its really not much at all! I’m sure you are able make more profit from the free shares available on freetrade to pay for it anyway :smile:

8 Likes

This might help and has been upvoted a lot by the community. You can provide feedback by adding your vote.

7 Likes

Thanks for that - I have added my vote. I think that would be a good option for me.

1 Like

But I buy a coffee to enjoy it, it’s not an investment, same with Netflix.
My portfolio size is too small for £10 a month to be viable.
I understand they need to make money, and as a shareholder in freetrade I want them to grow. But as a freetrade user I’m frustrated that stocks I currently have access to are going to be taken away and gated.

More than happy for future stocks to be part of premium as that is new content.

It’s like owning a computer game and someone a few months in takes away levels, it does sit well or make sense

2 Likes

Will any of the stocks only on Freetrade Plus make it onto the free listing in the future?

What happens if you pay for the Plus service purchase the stocks you want and then come off the plus and back to free trading?

You can sell them, but not buy more

2 Likes

Yes, if a micro cap company grows their market cap they’ll get included in an index which is available to all e.g. an AIM 350 company that gets promoted into the AIM 100.

This will mean some growth is missed, but most companies won’t make it this far.