Admiral Group plc - ADM

I just bought a few just 10 mins ago when it dropped from 26 down to 25

Can some one tell me why the dividend for admiral stock on freetrade is 10.89%
And on Google finance and yhaoo is it 5%

Hi @Trader27

Freetrade have included all dividends paid last year which included a bumper special dividend. While Yahoo / Google are just working off the last dividend.

Sauce

4 Likes

Ok thanks a lot for the clarification neil

1 Like

What is happening to these today??

Sabres trading update appears to be the new info
Admiral, DLG and probably some other insurers getting dragged down

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-14/car-repair-costs-are-rising-too-fast-for-uk-insurers-to-keep-up

UK motor insurer Sabre became one of the first casualties of the worsening inflationary squeeze on the sector as it warned of a profit hit from rising costs, sending its shares down more than a third and dragging bigger rivals lower.

In a half-year trading update on Thursday, London-listed Sabre said the annual increase in the cost of claims was running at about 12 per cent. That means it is paying more for parts, labour and replacement cars, among other items.

3 Likes

What’s everyone’s thoughts behind the further drop today? 2nd highest drop. Seems an overreaction given initial drop was based on another providers results.

I’d be interested what others think. Hopefully an overreaction given it’s my third largest holding! Financials look like a steady profit although slightly low cash balance and quite high liabilities. It’s not being shorted yet though which is also a good sign.

Dividend cover doesn’t have much slack at 1.2~ - https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/a/admiral-group-ord-gbp0.01/dividends

Compared to 2020 and 2021, people are driving more often leading to increased claims anyway, i.e. more miles/hours driven increasing the likelihood of accidents
Inflation starting to compound this fact with repairs as the above trading update said.
Which might impact bottom lines

Admiral look like they should publish interim results in or around mid August, which will give a clearer picture.

Though I agree somewhat that the severity of the drop is a bit of an overreaction without those interim results, though increased cost is obviously being implied across the sector

5 Likes

I took the opportunity to buy a few more shares today and reduce my cost average down did the same with DLG.

Still a nice run today.

1 Like

Blinking heck down £3.20 within half an hour on the markets opening.

DLG is not paying final dividend. Insurance peers went down in solidarity :slight_smile:

Anyone received their dividend yet?

I think this will be the norm this year but we shall see

Hey all according to Ft we should have got a dividend on 2 June.
Has anyone else received theirs yet?

I’m still waiting, it will come though.

Hey guys question of the day. I try to only have 1 company per industry in my portfolio and for insurance I have Admiral and Direct Line. Which one would you keep and which one to sell?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on admiral? Since the analysts seem to think it’s unfavourable?

1 Like