Adobe Inc - ADBE

Adobe Inc., commonly known as Adobe (previously Adobe Systems Incorporated), is an American multinational computer software company. The company is headquartered in San Jose, California, United States. Adobe has historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, with a more recent foray towards digital marketing software. It is best known for Photoshop, an image editing software, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Format (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as its successor, Adobe Creative Cloud.

Definitely a great stock with their multiple computing clouds

I would love for Adobe to be added, definitely a great business!

They have a big moat, with all of their products being the best/most popular in their fields. Introducing a subscription service definitely helped boost their revenues too and most made more consistent/predictable.

Thank you for all for your votes! We’ve now launched US stocks so Adobe is included in our Stock Universe :floppy_disk:

Feel free to create a new #investing-and-markets topic & share your thoughts about Adobe’s future with the community :speech_balloon:

They had their Q1 earnings call on 12 March and for the right reason they are high up my shopping list.

SAN JOSE, Calif. - March 12, 2020 - Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today reported financial results for its first quarter fiscal year 2020 ended Feb. 28, 2020.

First Quarter Fiscal Year 2020 Financial Highlights

Adobe achieved record quarterly revenue of $3.09 billion in its first quarter of fiscal year 2020, which represents 19 percent year-over-year growth. Diluted earnings per share was $1.96 on a GAAP basis, and $2.27 on a non-GAAP basis. Adobe’s earnings per share results factor an expense charge related to the cancellation of corporate events including Adobe Summit due to the COVID-19 situation, which impacted both GAAP and non-GAAP earnings per share by $0.07 in the quarter.
Digital Media segment revenue was $2.17 billion, which represents 22 percent year-over-year growth. Creative revenue grew to $1.82 billion and Document Cloud revenue was $351 million. Digital Media Annualized Recurring Revenue (“ARR”) grew to $8.73 billion exiting the quarter, a quarter-over-quarter increase of $400 million. Creative ARR grew to $7.58 billion, and Document Cloud ARR grew to $1.15 billion.
Digital Experience segment revenue was $858 million, representing 15 percent year-over-year growth.
GAAP operating income in the first quarter was $937 million, and non-GAAP operating income was $1.25 billion. GAAP net income was $955 million, and non-GAAP net income was $1.11 billion.
Cash flow from operations was $1.32 billion.
Remaining Performance Obligation exiting the quarter was $9.91 billion.
Adobe repurchased approximately 2.4 million shares during the quarter.

https://www.investors.com/news/technology/adbe-stock-adobe-beats-first-quarter-targets/

1 Like

Hi all,

Has anyone else got a issue with this?

I bought some fractional shares at $440 and now they are worth $445 and its showing a loss. Any ideas?

Is the $440/$445 number you’re talking about your average price?

I might be wrong but it would well be down to a change in FX rate.

Im not sure, i bought shares at $440.20, now the share is worth $445.67 but it shows a £0.08 loss.

No worries now, it seems to have updated

Adobe’s down 17% at the time of writing on news of a $20bn deal to buy Figma, a collaborative cloud-based design tool. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to open a position in ADBE and this may be it.

While it’s pricey, Figma has been eating Adobe’s lunch so I think this takeover’s a shrewd move.

2 Likes

Surely this is going to trigger some antitrust scrutiny? I’m surprised by how much the share price plunged today, their earnings weren’t terrible, so it’s mostly a reaction to the acquisition.

2 Likes

You would think so. I read somewhere that it’ll cost ADBE a £1bn termination fee if the deal’s blocked. :astonished:

17% drop = buy more Adobe :laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Joseph Carlsons take on it

4 Likes

Thanks, I generally try to avoid YouTube but this was a worthwhile video. I have a similar take on this deal but I do worry that it may be aborted like Visa’s planned merger with Plaid.

There’s an interesting discussion here from Figma users’ viewpoints:

1 Like

Added a little more yesterday. Aftermarket currently @ $304 …so its likely it could go under $300 tomorrow/today - Friday.

Going to nibble away at it to get my average down :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got my limit order set at $300, so here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

pre-market is at $300.24 so I think you will hit the buy order :star_struck:

1 Like