Airbnb - ABNB - Share Chat

they are expensive now (in term of share price) but the company has 50% market share in the US food delivery market and they are EBITDA breakeven.

For sure much better than UBER

Overreaction :joy::joy:

So is this available in FreeTrade yet? Friends are asking?

Yes .

1 Like

Instant order went through no issues. Price is a bit steep but worth a punt on a few shares

I’m hold for years so can pay a small premium. If they dip I’ll buy more if not then I’m happy with what I got at £110ea

Yes agreed Airbnb is a verb so long term should do well.

1 Like

There is far more interest in Airbnb than other IPO’s so should do well long term

The company is great. Always had good experiences as a customer and they already make a profit. Decent results even through Covid. The only IPO this year that I am fully conviced of.

4 Likes

16 Likes

I’ve had good experiences with them too. It is easy to book, pay, talk to the hosts and the places are normally very good. I think they’ll have a good 2021 as soon as people start traveling again.

Interesting journalism from The Atlantic regarding Hidden cameras at AirBnb properties and the company’s lax and inconsistent enforcement of their own rules on the matter.

The price right now is way too high in my opinion given the many regulatory risks. I struggle to see where the future growth can come from if it’s already in c.81,000 earth locations. I still like the company and what’s it’s doing but the price needs to reflect reality.

Hi everyone

I want to start by saying that nothing is more important than getting you access to IPOs as fast as physically possible.

That’s why we’ve been working on various improvements to the IPO process.

As well as listing upcoming IPOs on your app in advance, we also shortened the time between the stock being made available on the secondary market and live on your app to literally a few minutes:

In terms of the launch:

Sorry you feel that way.

In the days leading up to the launch, as well as leaning into the excitement around the Airbnb story, we tried to be as transparent as possible in explaining how things would unfold today:

The key point here:

A frustrating (for us and for you) feature of IPOs is that they are not typically available to retail investors until a few hours after market open.

Hence $ABNB’s IPO price of $68 and opening price — shortly before 7 PM UK time — of $146.

We’re doing everything we can to shave off every second from the process to get it to you ASAP.

Today was our fastest delivery yet.

And like an Olympic sprinter, we can always shave another few seconds of our time, not to mention add some cool features like this one day:

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks, and please share any further feedback below!

40 Likes

I think the majority always understood it’s next to impossible for retail investors to get in early in these situations.

I actually thought it was on Freetrade quicker than most brokers too.

Regardless thanks for the update, Sam. It’s always good to hear Freetrade are looking to improve.

14 Likes

I was very impressed Freetrade and how they handled this IPO and can see a strong improvement in launching these as mentioned above.

If anyone though they could get these shares for double digits were deluding themselves. Everyone should read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis is you want to understand this kind of thing is rigged against you

9 Likes

For me, $140-160/share is ridiculous at this moment (not a financial advice). I’ve researched the company and I’ve done some fundamental analysis and these prices seem way too high for now

1 Like

But how many companies out there are thought to be overvalued but continue to rise and rise without rhyme or reason.

3 Likes

I haven’t done the level of analysis you sound like you have however I believe this is going to be a new ‘narrative stock’. A friendly brand that lots of the new class of retail investor are familiar with. Also add to that pressure on some of the big tech stocks from inflated valuation and anti trust I see lots of optimistic money flowing to them.

1 Like

Just to throw some numbers. Airbnb 2020 yearly revenue seems to end up being in the range of 4-5billion USD max. At current stock price, market cap seems to be in the range of 100billion USD. For those who know, the implied P/S (price to sales ratio) is now around 100/4 ~25. 25 is for me too high at this moment for this company. For me, attractive P/S would be in the area of 10-15max. Yea ok everything seems to rise and rise until it doesn’t any more. We need to be careful with the assumption that millenial darlings will keep rising forever. I might be wrong of course, so do your own research this is not financial advice!

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I like the company and I want to invest. But personally I think I’ll just wait for the IPO hype to die down and then reassess.

2 Likes