AJ Bell šŸ“ˆšŸ“‰ - AJB

AJ Bell PLC, through its subsidiaries, operates retail investment platforms in the United Kingdom.

This stock looks promising, lots of press, lots of potential future growth and reasonable value, voters need to look into it

1 Like

:freetrade: could have poached more.

1 Like

AJ Bell is updating their fees from January 2021

Quite a big jump in Annual shares custody charge (including investment trusts, ETFs, gilts and bonds) from a maximum of Ā£7.50 per quarter to a maximum of Ā£3.50 per month. Thatā€™s a 40% jump from Ā£30 per year to Ā£42 per yearā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m seriously impressed with AJ Bell. Theyā€™ve managed to find another way to make me, a LISA customer, like them even less. I didnā€™t think it was possible. Well done to the whole team there.

I sent them a customer service message on Thursday at 12:00pm to try and talk about my options regarding the non-ISA compatible shares that they let me put in an an ISA and are now forcing me to sell (remember, Ā£9.99 to buy them, Ā£9.99 to sell them and then Ā£9.99 for every buy I make with those funds)ā€¦ itā€™s now Tuesday 13:30 and Iā€™ve still not heard a thing.

They are terrible but at least theyā€™re managing to make Freetrade look even better value.

5 Likes

Theyā€™re also putting up both ISA and SIPP fees - previously Ā£7.50 per quarter for ISA, Ā£25 per quarter for SIPP, now Ā£3.50 per month for ISA and Ā£10 per month for SIPP).

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ha ha ha. Please, please, stopā€¦ I can only take so muchā€¦

Also how have you and @Saf heard about this? Iā€™ve not had any emails/letters from them yet. The tragic thing is, that when I researched opening a LISA about 6 months ago it was AJ Bell that seemed to be the best. I donā€™t even know if thereā€™s anyone better to transfer to at the moment and I assume AJ Bell will hit me with a load of fees for doing that as well.

Compared to Freetrade, AJ Bell are the Ryanair of savings with fees all over the place and lousy service. Actually at least Ryanair are cheapā€¦ AJ Bell canā€™t even manage that.

1 Like

They emailed me at 12ā€¦something. Mad they let you buy shares in an ISA, and now are expecting you to foot the bill, the least they could do is give you a few commission free trade credits. :man_facepalming:

I received an email from them yesterday with the title ā€œWeā€™re updating our charges from 1 January 2021ā€.

I do recall AJBell were the best for LISAs at one point but perhaps theyā€™ve just been overtaken by the competition now.

Unfortunately, I have too many holdings with AJBell so it would be too expensive for me to sell and transfer, even if they reduce their fee from Ā£25 per holding to Ā£9.95

I ended up going for a cash LISA as all the other options seemed poor. But Iā€™m using it for a deposit and not retirement :man_shrugging: I just top it up once a year.

Seems like very few if any of the very few S&S LISA providers allow transfers either :confused:

1 Like

Ah the email just came through - such is the nature of sending out bulk emails. And yes, I canā€™t believe theyā€™ve not made any sort of conciliatory gesture. Their email was pretty much ā€œSoz, you have to sellā€ with no mention of timescales or free trades to apologise.

Unfortunately, I have too many holdings with AJBell so it would be too expensive for me to sell and transfer, even if they reduce their fee from Ā£25 per holding to Ā£9.95

@weenie Is it worth a complaint to them and to the FCA? It doesnā€™t feel right that theyā€™re able to trap people with a web of fees and then keep jacking the fees up as well.

1 Like

Iā€™m annoyed but my feelings arenā€™t so strong that I would complain, since it was my choice to buy so many different holdings. My feelings I guess are buffered by the fact that I invested in their IPO and their shares are at 160%, which more than covers any of their fee increases :slight_smile:

1 Like

AJ Bell on top form today

1 Like

Given that theyā€™re substantially cheaper, you just canā€™t expect them to be as good as Freetrade. You get what you pay for.

1 Like

Buy the dips? :joy:

Poor bastardsā€¦

But this also means that thereā€™s a hole in FreeTradeā€™s marketing and advertising initiatives, places where people are finding out about AJ Hell but not learning of FreeTrade!

Unless theyā€™re kinky people really into sado-masochism and they want a terrible trading platform with ghastly fees for ā€˜reasonsā€™ ?

OMG THEY ARE SO AMAZING I LOVE AJ BELL SO MUCH Iā€™M NOT GOING TO WASTE MY TIME WITH ANY FREETRADE CROWFUNDING WHEN THE MARKET ALREADY HAS SUCH AN AMAZING COMPANY TOTALLY DOMINATING ALREADY AND DOING AN AMAZING JOB OF HELPING ME WITH MY INVESTMENTS OI FREETRADE WHY DONā€™T TRY AND LEARN SOMETHING FROM AJ BELL LOOK HOW GREAT THEY ARE MEANWHILE YOUā€™RE RUNNING AROUND WITH NEAR PERFECT UPTIME FOR TRADING BOY OH BOY THESE AJ BELL GUYS COULD REALLY TEACH YOU A THING OR TWO WHY IS MY NOSE BLEEDING

5 Likes

Having fun? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The community everytime @CashCow mentions AJ Hell :joy::joy:

5 Likes