AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Aren’t those 2020 figures?

1 Like

Yes but it was stagnant for 3 years before and getting huge debts so not a good sign pre covid. :+1:

@HarryGeezer not really a comparison you are asking for but netfix is still gaining but at a smaller rate :+1: The problem is as i mentioned above that cinemas have been getting huge debts for a while now and that streaming market share stops them being viable unless they change.

@dave was 100% correct in that they are NOT “innovative” as they have not reacted pre-covid and now are stuck as they can’t raise money when that could save them.

I challenge you Harry to come up with a single reason that the cinema industry can be anything other than a struggling industry without some change no-one has thought of.

None of the above affects the potential squeeze etc though. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s a complete strawman argument, Cinema audiences are shrinking, doesn’t matter whether it’s due to Netflix or not.

2 Likes

My only idea on this so far is that they may be able to use their spaces for E-Sports/VR gaming in some capacity. They will have to do something as you say. Thoughts?

2 Likes

This and maybe live sports? There will always be a market but it will be an uphill struggle to make profitable as people won’t go as often. I think the answer is definitely diversifying the space in a better way than expensive sweets somehow. :joy:

2 Likes

I also sold half my AMC for a few more GME yesterday

I’m thinking more towards amateur tourneys. I’d definitely go weekly to a Mariokart 64 or SFII tournament. Either to play or watch mates

2 Likes

They’ve already screened the MMA McGregor fight in the USA charging a third of the price of what it would have cost at home. Suspect they will try this everywhere with major sporting events.
They’ve broke a few box office records with recent films and showings.
I always bought believing it was never a $5 stock when you compare it to Cinemark and the rest which is why I bought. Now invested in it, it’s opened my eyes a lot to how the rest of the market and media works.
Having said all of this, I don’t think any of this is about the fundamentals and waiting to see what new filing NSCC 021 brings, if anything.

2 Likes

What ever it says on the charts

It’s the trend that matters and nothing to indicate they will have an amazing 2021 or 2022 how ever you spin it.

Just joined reddit and was reading a post about amc and there is people on there believe it’s going to hit 500k and one person is waiting for it to hit 2mil a share
Plus there is one i need to read when I get home about something that’s happening and it will possibly put the prices up on Monday

There are some crazy mother f^%$ers out there :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You serous or just kidding

Ah this joker.

BoredBillionaire58d

100 percent of all the apes are green now . Give it up hedgies . Which one of you will cover your positions first ? You lost . We won. AMC 500k we ain’t selling shit. :gem::pray:t2::palms_up_together:t2::rocket::gorilla::ringer_planet:

Problem I have with reddit is the average posting age seems to be 8 years.

2 Likes

Here’s the filing I was talking about. Can’t say I’ve read it all but the gist of it appears to make sure that any over-leveraging by institutes and hedgefunds can be managed by exchanging long positions on stock in exchange for cash, managing any anticipated stock crashes that could arise. Even a firm mention of naked shorts in there as well. Suspect this has arisen as a result of the whole GME/AMC thing….but may be not. If anyone wants to try and read it feel free!

When I seen the 2mil I had to wipe the tears away

2 Likes

Only 369 pages

I guess the regulators want a managed squeeze with the passage of NSCC -2021 - 803 to stop the wider market being effected.

Good start pre market let’s watch it rise

Umm

I think it’s massive that the NSCC confirm naked shorts exist too. So many saying it’s a myth and they just put the record straight themselves. What was once a taboo subject is now in the open

6 Likes

Looks like a few financial analysts are on board as well

1 Like