AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Freetrade need to get rid of the sell limit on AMC AND GME ASAP

:man_facepalming: Thomas Tusser predicted all this in the 16th century.

For the record, I hold both GME and AMC, but Iā€™m not daft enough to believe the hype surrounding the massive prices targets predicted. If either of these stocks reached $100k, the sell off of other stocks to pay for these would crash the whole stock market. Itā€™s not going to happen. Can these stocks double or treble, yes. Go to $100k, nah, not going to happen.

3 Likes

I think you may wish to take your reddit attitude back to WSB where everyone agrees with everyone else, and where every post requires the addition of a mention of paper, diamond or ape.

Youā€™ll find that here, people will have differing views, and are able to express them without telling others they are not entitled to their views.

8 Likes

4 Likes

What is the sell limit??? Cheers.

25k per trade unlimited

AMC ARMY APE ARMY#AMC100K :gem::raised_hands::gem::raised_hands:

1 Like

Reply from FT today.

I think you are misunderstanding me. The maximum order limit is Ā£25k, if your holding was worth Ā£40k for example you would need to split the order into two which can both be executed instantly. After the funds settle, you can withdraw as much as you like there is no limit.
Does that make sense?
Regards
Troy

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I read it too.

All this comment tells me is that APES are lazy :+1: If I was suddenly in a position like this then I would happily work ā€œdown pitā€ for 10 hours for each transaction.

There are other brokers you know? It is funny how attracted to a free app people who KNOW a squeeze is coming are. I may be dumb but if I believed this was going to happen then I would be paying top dollar to get the best broker to ensure my winnings :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a new APE and Iā€™m learning, if you were in my shoes would you not want to be able to sell all your shares at once if you wanted to, to maximise the return, all Iā€™m asking is Freetrade to change ther sell limit thatā€™s all, I donā€™t know what your problem is, iv emailed them so Iā€™ll wait on there reply

1 Like

It takes literally seconds to do a transaction :+1: If, and it is not going to happen, but if it did then it would take such a small amount of time/mins to cash in enough money to retire. Is this really such a big ask to make FT change there systems?

This really would be a glorious problem to be having as it would be the last bit of work you may have to do in your life. :joy: 1st world problems :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hereā€™s hoping itā€™s the day of work ever :gem::raised_hands:
Iā€™ll post there response when I receive it in 2/3 days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

100 million worth of shares? I admire your optimism.

8 Likes

He could also drop Rishi Sunak a line and suggest the government buys a few GME shares too.

4 Likes

Itā€™s more likely an AMC Ā£8k ā€˜investmentā€™ will be worth Ā£16k for a day or two before retreating to a -Ā£3k ā€˜investmentā€™.

3 Likes

That can be used to offset a CGT loss, so itā€™s not all bad.

1 Like

This is what I am attempting to obtain clarity on, still not clear. If itā€™s Ā£25k total, I didnā€™t know if this was per dayā€¦ etc. if itā€™s as you say, one transaction after another straight away then this is not so bad after all.

Couldnā€™t get a clear answer from FT today.

So thank you Big G you have answered our question.

See you on the Moon.

db.

2 Likes

:+1: someone posted a FT message today that you CAN do multiple transactions so good luck and I genuinely mean it :+1:

Edit: It was you that posted the message from FT :joy: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no point selling a winning lotto ticket for Ā£100 a share GME paper hands sold cheap on the first day if they had held of 2 days everyone of them would be rich

I would actually love to know more about this. Is this only when making investments through your own ltd company?