Apple - AAPL - Share Chat

Adding to a package of Friday night Baseball AppleTV+ will soon include the MLS.

2 Likes

This is not included in Apple TV+. You will have to pay an additional fee for it.

1 Like

Apple have only had 2 connection types with most of there non Mac devices. 16 pins and the current lightning.

Samsung been through a few more I believe

2% drop today

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-18/apple-to-slow-hiring-and-spending-for-some-teams-next-year

1 Like

Not sure if it will affect the stock price or profits but my daughter’s macbook died last week took it to apple store not economical to repair she said fine I will have a new one then sales person said great delivery late August no stock in UK currently apparently.

4 Likes

AAPL calls it is

Depends on the Model. I was looking at this, this morning, myself and noticed the MacBook Airs are not available until mid August but most of PRO models are available (only one has a mid Aug delivery). To be honest I expected worse because of chip shortages.

Disagree. I’m confident that AAPL’s earnings will be in line with what Tim Cook says. If people ever give up on AAPL then it means we’ve reached the market bottom.

1 Like

@Hpoyo Have you replied to me by mistake? My comment is not about Apple earnings but is merely about UK availability of MacBook models at the moment (i.e. it is a factual statement).

Looks like a small beat on earnings so good news.

1 Like

Good time to sell in my opinion. Becoming way too expensive. Many big names are completely selling out of their positions. Seems they are anticipating an ugly winter. Lets not forget that in order for inflation to decrease, the FED needs to CONTINUE increasing interest rates. Markets don’t seem like they are taking this into account and the effect it will have on earnings.

What big names have completely sold their apple position?

I read that DNB sold 427k Apple shares in the last quarter and put the money in GE, Nvidia and Coinbase but they still own 3.7m Apple shares.
Haven’t heard of any others but I did hear that Berkshire Hathaway put another $600m into Apple earlier in the year when the price dipped.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-17/apple-targets-sept-7-for-iphone-14-launch-in-flurry-of-devices?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=220817&utm_campaign=author_19842959&sref=9hGJlFio

September 7th is the date for iPhone 14

I dont think the 6p apple dividend I got today will stretch to an iphone.

3 Likes

Yes rubbish dividend from such a large company am getting rid of mine when USA opens this afternoon.

Apple do 85.5 billion in buybacks, but ‘only’ 14.5 billion in dividends. Just a thought, that maybe don’t sell for this reason, as you are ignoring the majority of the returned capital.

4 Likes

My £1.18 shall buy me a Small Bag of Fries

Don’t know why you guys want dividends from US stocks when 15% of it goes towards the US treasury. Buybacks are better.

3 Likes