Argo Blockchain - ARB - Share Chat

That could be due to how they run their operation in terms of running costs

What are you basing that off?

Majority of mining pools use solar. Some more than others

3x your investment I mean?

I think Ā£2.8 might seem cheaper on a long-term investment, especially if Argo is listed on the Nasdaq and BTC keeps rising with increasing institutional adoption.

1 Like

Do most people here hold this instead of BTC itself for tax and security reasons?

I think X3 by end of year may be difficult, people seem to think miners price is closely tied to BC etc price. Not sure if BC will reach 150k by EOY. Then again who knows (I certainly donā€™t).

Reading the headlines it could crash to 5k or hit a million!

The frequency and severity of each drop has gone down.

Last year saw three bullruns and it only got higher. We now have governmentā€™s trying to tax crypto as banks and payment platforms are also jumping in buying Over The Counter (OTC) via Coinbase etc.

Itā€™ll only go higher until the very last coin is mined.

I do it for ease of use. For me easier to hold a share in my ISA (tax free) and I donā€™t need to worry about e-wallets etc. Also itā€™s more of a spread across all the cryptos as they mine various ones. Knowing my luck whichever Crypto I chose would be the first to die an early death.

1 Like

I think itā€™s an better option since you donā€™t pay taxes. Thatā€™s what I did.

1 Like

I have some BTC which will one day incur CGT. However a big draw of Argo is that I can hold it in my ISA - when I crystallise the paper gains they wonā€™t be paying for Covidā€¦ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s only true if you sell BTC for what is pretty much helicopter money at this point

Iā€™m up +187%
Got ARB when it was averaging 80p

3 Likes

Iā€™ve drunk the cool-aid on BTC, itā€™s going to $100k whether this year or next, doesnā€™t matter. I wouldnā€™t bet my house on it, but a material risk is fair given the potential rewards over the next few years.

1 Like

Been buying since 0.39,0.5,1 and 2 and taking some profit on the way up (though wish now I hadnā€™t!!). Main concerns are Bitcoin crashing and staying down (unlikely) and more worryingly the green credentials of miners. Read somewhere they use more electricity per annum than some countries

Iā€™m also invested in INRG :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I leave my window open with the heating on, Iā€™m still paying the bill.

The economy is floating on dust and stagnant air since the petrodollar was introduced. Last year personal saw through the sham and want to crystallise their earnings in something that will gain value wherever itā€™s stocks or BTC.

It spends more energy than Argentina, for example, but much less than gold.

1 Like

I rarely take profits along the way cos I play the long game. I think ARB has more way to go up. Iā€™ll cash in when they max out or about to fail.

1 Like