Argo Blockchain - ARB - Share Chat

Last time bitcoin was at 59k was March 17th, and our share price as £2.42. So it does seem to be tracking bitcoin still. I know ARB was previously above £3 with a lower bitcoin but perhaps it was over bought at the time due to hype?

They’re both tied to BTC.

Mara and RIOT are based in the US so have more access to a wider market and Argo will in time reach the same price as them without having to sell BTC which one of the others have done.

The Texas facility is going to allow them to make a huge breakthrough in terms of hashrate but also self-sufficiency as they’ll be able to make money selling electricity back to the Texas grid for storage in those Tesla gigabatteries. They’ll also be able to rent out a portion of rack space to other companies. There’s the 25% stake in Pluto as well which is going to be bringing DEFI to the mainstream and give them easier access to crypto in the long run. Lastly, as much as I don’t like the current POTUS he’s pivoting towards more renewable energy which if MARA and RIOT are not using will eventually land them in hot water.

1 Like

Potentially but there was also news around that time too.

BTC options expired on Friday as well which is why it was trending downward for an extended period.

With Argo being classed as ‘Green’ and the future looking good for mining I want to invest in some shares but I am not a plus member. If I was to pay the monthly fee, buy shares and then stop paying after say 2 months would I still have access to my shares? I’d probably hold long term with these anyway but look to sell as and when the Bitcoin massacre comes. Would this be a case that when/if this happens I could just pay the monthly fee again and sell them?

Yes, the only thing you couldn’t do is to buy more. You can hold and sell.

Ok thanks Seb :+1:t2:

To be honest I’m currently holding a modest amount as cash and utilising the 3% monthly interest rate up to £4000 as an alternative to a savings account where interest rates are rock bottom (0.01%).

The other thing that you could do is do a rinse-repeat of the blochain stocks since they track BTC very well and you would easily be able to make up that £9pcm.

Just my thoughts.

You mean buy the dips as price in Bitcoin rises and sell at the highs?

Yeah pretty much or you keep it invested for the long run and sell near the top of the market later this year and buy in when the prices settles during a bear market.

Two different ways of approaching crypto miners.

Hohoho

Operational Update for March 2021:

• Mined 165 BTC or equiv in March
  • Mining rev was £6.57m ($9.1m USD) at a mining margin of 84%
  • Total BTC mined in Q1: 387 BTC
  • Total mining rev in Q1: £13.4m ($18.6m USD)
  • At month-end held 764 BTC or equiv.

So Argo stock… Drops :sob::sob::sob:

No idea what’s going on with this now. I also saw the green energy deal too which I though might make a bit of upwards movement…

2 Likes

This stinks :mask:
All the good news and it drops.
What is that all about.
Shocking.

2 Likes

Dilution and low volume = :poop: definitely selling my 300 if we don’t touch £3 by end of April

So can anyone actually explain please? How do you post really positive news and the price drops?.. How does that actually happen?

For every bit of positive PR/propaganda about crypto that comes out there are many other stories saying crypto is a flawed system long term, bad for environment, needs more regulation or the criminals favourite currency.
Depending on which “echo chamber” you live in usually blinkers the other out.

1 Like

It happens mostly because the stock price is forward looking, people expected the good news, and made the share price go up a lot earlier in the year.

Now the good news might keep coming, but it’s already “priced in” because people expected it

In short: we bought too late.

3 Likes

isn’t the saying “buy the rumour, sell the news”?

1 Like

Ok, thanks guys, guess that makes more sense than anything else.

I guess the question is does one just sit on the shares and wait for the next ‘rumour’ or sell and move on. I could buy some more actual BTC (I only have 400 shares) but quite liked having a bit of BTC and a bit of Argo, I do think this should move again in the medium term and am inclined to hold for now but a little positive movement would be nice, say £3.