Ask your beginners questions here 🐣

Basically yes. You can see from the screenshots what the conversions are (divide appropriate numbers).

It really shows you how U.K. investors have been buffeted by the weak pound in the case of falling $ stock.

1 Like

I get it was £17 part I agree with That
But who actually know what freetrade at buying at and not putting it up or down :point_down:

GBP average using the historical Fx rates at each buy of the shares means the GBP cost of £15.25 was the average of $19.76 at the time of buying. not the Current fx rate today

3 Likes

its in your contract note

2 Likes

It does make sense, I purchased a while ago and have been averaging down a lot. I just wanted to be sure, which I am now.

1 Like

Can you explain me the different in one of mine then? FX fee and fx currently
FX fee per share?

Many thanks

Hello,

From my understanding, one can buy fractional shares on US stocks. Please, would anyone know if one can buy fractional shares on other markets/instruments?

There is a Learn hub answer for this one:

The other way to find out by typing the name of the share into the discover functionality in the app and proceed with an amount to spend. It is a super quick way to find out if you can or can‘t buy a fraction of the share.

2 Likes

Hi @LeBuveur, it’s US stocks only at the moment, although I understand they are hoping to do this with UK stocks soon too @Freetrade_Team any update on this?

2 Likes

Thank you @bitflip @Emmie

3 Likes

Hi, is there a better way to execute a large (say £100k) buy order for UK-exchanged ETFs? Any reason I should avoid doing 10 x 9900 + 1 x 1000? Thanks.

Hi! Newbie here. Apols if this is a stupid Q. Do dividends get automatically reinvested? If not, where do they go? TIA :smiley:

Some companys re invest it but most will give it as cash in your balance

Hi @CATH075 welcome to the community

The team have written piece to explain the situation with how dividends are paid etc.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Does dividend payments reflect in portfolio balance? If so is there a delay between that and receiving the notification? No evidence for receiving dividend payments just have a msg in the activity feed

You generally get the payment before the notification, so you will have likely not realised and spent the money already.

1 Like

Just an observation here… when you close posts and add them here to this long thread, they get lost amongst the others.

No one with a beginner question is going to scroll through over a thousand comments to see if they’re question has been asked before?

2 Likes

Thanks for engaging with the running of the community. Your point is a valid one and one that I’ve been wondering about. Essentially there isn’t an easy solution as I see it. We either have one long thread that is hard to navigate or hundreds of separate threads that are the same.

The team has put together a great resource with invest hub, it’s often the answer that is directed too.

3 Likes

When you keep a question open with one reply or two … they still get lost

Yes, often people don’t seem to use that pesky search thing:

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 13.26.12

It is amazing the number of times people create a brand new topic thread to ask for a stock or ask about a topic when there already is a stock or a discussion thread devoted to the topic.

Just for the record, the converse i.e. splitting a thread also occurs. When a topic has some significance (as judged by the number of comments etc) it is often split out of the beginners questions (or where ever it was) and turned into its own topic.

And yes, as @NeilB says sometimes the answer is is in the Learn Hub … just scrolling up from this comment you can see two examples of this within the last few posts.

2 Likes