Best & Worst Investments πŸ’Έ

My two pence below

Good investment :+1: Amazon +109%

Why did I invest? Amazon, I believe, is the only company that can enter any market and succeed in it. They have a huge technological advancement, as well as a CEO that can make ultimate decisions without looking back to the board of directors (hello Elon).

Came at various times between the prices of $900 and $1,200. Do not intend to sell even if it reaches $2,000.

Lesson learned Had intentions to liquidate most of the portfolio and convert into Amazon but changed my mind thanks to Trump. Whilst he does not carry any substantial risk himself, he reminded me (when caused a 10% dip recently) that no one can grow parabolically hence do not keep all the eggs in one basket.

Bad investment :face_with_head_bandage: Expedia -13%

Why did I invest? Expedia went down a lot since the former CEO has gone to UBER, whilst their financials and overall vision did not reflect the share price. I believed the price would quickly rebounce but it went further down by about 25% and only rebounced to -13% to date.

Lesson learned Do not be seduced by big dips, but if you re already in, do not panic sell unless it goes against your ultimate opinion about the company itself.

Hard to classify one but there was another case.

Bought Netflix at $185 in December 2017. Went to $250 in less than a month. I thought naaaah, that is a hell of a bubble that will explode very soon. Especially give Disney’s soon-to-hopefully-launch rival service. Now it is $330 and probably the worst sale in the last year despite a huge (relatively) gain.

Lesson learned Go long, do not sell unless something is fundamentally wrong with the company.

8 Likes