Boohoo - BOO - - Share Chat

Indeed :wink:

Trading update

4 Likes

I think this is the first time their sales have contracted in the UK.

At least thereā€™s no further changes in guidance.

And shipping costs are showing signs of easing.

Oops, under 60p now.

Could reach 50p soon i may buy back in if it dips below 50p just watching for now.

3 Likes

Lack of buys from Boohoo insiders is getting worrying. See, a few years ago, Boohoo was sliding, and then one of the founders brought millions of shares which screamed we believe in this, now itā€™s nothing. Not even a token amount. Back then, the children of that founder were also quite bullish online, now nothing. Make of that what you will.

Boohoo is undergoing a slow and painful death via the hands of Shein.

1 Like

If boo went broke and shien bought them out would they also get Debenhams and all the other companies?

1 Like

Depends on what they agreed to. For example, Boohoo acquired Burton, and ASOS acquired Topman from Arcadia.

1 Like

Boooooooo

I told you guys, instead of expanding they should focus on customer loyalty in the UK. I really wish I hadnā€™t invested in BOO but I was new to the stock market last year. Iā€™m going to hold till 50p as Iā€™ve said 100x. Iā€™m glad I waited. Iā€™ve been warning that the movement upward since the earnings release was a dead cat bounce and that most of you investors donā€™t realise how bad those earnings were :slight_smile: hope at least one of you listened. I went from assuming Ā£1.50 as fair value for BOO now I have it set at 60p. Unfortunately my average is way higher than that.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t get why you didnā€™t sell to buy again now, unless you were not entirely convinced.

See, if I believed it would have crashed like this then I would have sold and moved on, or sold with a view to buy again later.

4 Likes

Because I canā€™t time the market or predict the future, but I can plan according to what I think could happen. In my case Iā€™ve been building up cash (sitting on 15%). Also I see better buying opportunities in AAPL GOOGL and KLAC at the moment so I want to allocate my cash there, had I spent it on BOO I would be stuck and feel like I had to keep buying to average down. BOO was one of my very first investments and back then I was very oblivious to valuing companies. I donā€™t want to average down on BOO unless I know that any purchase I make would bring my average down significantly, so its best for me to wait for the market to react then have cash ready. I believe in BOO, but I only believe theyā€™ll do well during easy monetary policy. Iā€™m praying that if we go into recession, its a short one, because a company like this wouldnā€™t be able to withstand it in my opinion. Iā€™m sure insiders will not be purchasing any time soon either. Wishing the best of luck for you, especially Ozbourne Foreman, as much as heā€™s saying the money he has isnā€™t money he currently needs, he clearly will be affected if this investment doesnā€™t go his way.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fine, I just wanted to confirm because you sounded like you were saying you could further up in the thread. And then posting like you had prescient insight which I could do with in this market :blush:

1 Like

Nice rise today

1 Like

Yes Iā€™m 15% up on my Boohoo shares (acquired yesterday) :sunglasses:. Makes me glad to be alive - until I look at every other bloody share in my portfolio!

4 Likes

Bottom ?

Donā€™t think so. Still a bit of room to go. I think we could reach 50p hence why I havenā€™t been averaging down.

New RNS today showing a new party has picked up 4.59% of the shares.

Still no insider buys. Iā€™ll wait a bit longer.

Its a hedge fund which also owns 10% of ASOS

3 Likes