The five most popular AIM stocks on Freetrade. Which ones are you investing in?

Fresh off the press and inside today’s edition of Honey :honey_pot:

The five most-bought AIM stocks on Freetrade*

1. Boohoo
  2. ITM Power
  3. ASOS
  4. Ceres Power
  5. AFC Energy

*Of all-time, by total cash value.

Full guide:

What are your thoughts on the top five, and which companies and sectors are you investing in?

This should not be read as personal investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions or seek independent advice. When you invest, your capital is at risk.

Do Boohoo still use slave labour? Kind of puts me off buying them. :man_shrugging:

I have 57 shares in ITM Power, been sitting on a loss for some time now, but I do think this company has legs and so am holding onto my shares.

Just Boohoo for me.

There are a lot of women out there who’ll buy any old bit of tat, (just look at the queues in Primark), and the buying up all the old high street clothing names, means they’ll be coining it in if people continue to buy clothes online.

Not worried about the slave labour issues, as since they’ve come to light, the company has been more stringent on their DD of their suppliers.

This will be a long term hold (10 years plus) for me.

While there have been some impressive successes, AIM remains home to hundreds of small, highly speculative stocks. These firms (and they don’t even have to be that small) can be risky, difficult to trade because of poor liquidity and prone to sudden collapses. In recent years there have been examples of firms suffering from poor management, fraud, bad luck and tough competition in any combination.

But despite these risks, the tax incentives and the potential for multi-bagger performance are an understandable draw for investors. It’s also undeniable that there are some really excellent companies quoted on AIM.

Some I’m invested in that have multi bagged and continues to excel:

• Sylvia Platinum (SLP) - Mining
  • Character (CCT) - Consumer Cyclics
  • Best of Best (BOTB) *not on FT - Consumer Cyclics
  • Spectra Systems (SPSY) *not on FT - Industrials
  • Boohoo (BOO) - Consumer Cyclics
  • SDI Group (SDI) - Healthcare

So @Freetrade_Team I’m hoping the rest of the AIM stocks will make its way here to FT soon.

I understand there were/are issues around best price execution when it comes to some of these stocks but from what I gather FT are trialing out a new approach so :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.