Post Your 3 Favourite AIM (Free To Trade) Stocks

So I’ve recently learned that all UK AIM (Alternative Investment Market) stocks on Freetrade can be traded completely free. No charges, no stamp duty, no FX fees… Fab! Saves a heap of money in the long run!

So with that in mind, why don’t we all share our top 3 favourite AIM stocks that are completely free to trade, and enjoy some free trading on Freetrade.

To check if your stock is free of charges, call up your stock in the Freetrade app and scroll down to ‘Costs and Charges’ - It should show 0.00 for every single row, and the two final ‘Illustrative 5 year’ values should match each other.

My 3 faves (chosen based on chart setup and decent volume / liquidity to buy and sell easily):

BLU - Blue Star Capital - £0.0044 - 164m vol (£721,600 traded per day)
DELT - Deltic Energy - £0.0309 - 6m vol (£185,400 traded per day)
CUSN - Cornish Metals - £0.2250 - 500k vol (£112,500 traded per day)

What are yours?

1 Like

Bear in mind the potential downsides of trading in AIM such as low liquidity and wider spreads.

2 Likes

True story. That’s why I posted the volume… plenty of liquidity and tight spreads in these

1 Like

PAF - pan African gold
AFC - AFC energy
ITM - ITM power

Fingers crossed in 5 years might be good picks! DYOR

Ok so not necessarily my favourites but this is what I have purchased. If they do well and make me money, they will become my favourites, so still counts I would say!

ITM Power
Neometals
Atome Energy

All doing well for me so far (still in the green) so will see how things go.

1 Like

Apologies - my fading eyesight didn’t spot that reference in your post :eyeglasses:

1 Like

Whoa… These two are seriously nice. Added to the watchlist!

Did you happen on them by chance, or did you read about their IPOs somewhere?

2 Likes

I actually found them both through the chat area on here and then did my own research. Both of them look really promising and Neometals gives me a bit of a back up with my Technology Minerals shares, as a lot of people have jumped on the recycling bandwagon, so trying to spread out my investment between a few of these companies. Good price to buy both of them at the moment, going to top up again at the end of the month.

1 Like

Burford Capital - BUR - my all time fave stock it goes up and it goes down and it goes up then gets shorted then goes up again …catch it right then you will love it to.
AVCT - bought recently at 60ish and sold at 1.05 and rising - also still undervalued.
CWR - again seriously money in this one and loves a good up and down in the same day…
I only invest really in AIM and there is money to be made in AIM in the correct stocks …p.s. also a shout out to dotdigital and JSG - its where i am currently ploughing the Axon savings.

1 Like

Glad you mentioned Atome when you did! :grinning:

1 Like

Really upset it’s still on my watchlist grrr probably why it’s green!

I’m at a 77% gain! Hope you are too.

1 Like

Not far behind! I jumped in the same day you posted about it. Can’t resist a good IPO base on a chart.

2 Likes

AVCT doing well for me too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.